5th May 2019, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD(Mathematics) if completed MSc in Physics? Procedure to secure admission?

Respected Sir, I have completed my BSc and MSc in Physics. I am teaching Physics in Private High School. I had Chemistry and Mathematics in my Graduation and Post Graduation. So, I can do PhD in Mathematics subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?

10th May 2019, 12:10 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD(Mathematics) if completed MSc in Physics? Procedure to secure admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my BSc and MSc in Physics. I am teaching Physics in Private High School. I had Chemistry and Mathematics in my Graduation and Post Graduation. So, I can do PhD in Mathematics subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?

Sorry, you are not eligible to pursue the PhD (Mathematics) after completion of the MSc in Physics. You have to study MSc Mathematics course to pursue the PhD (Mathematics).

Those candidates who have passed a Master’s Degree in Mathematics or allied subject from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks are eligible to pursue the PhD (Mathematics). They are admitted to the PhD (Mathematics) course on the basis of their performance in the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview conducted by the concerned university. Those candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/MPhil are exempted from appearing in the PhD Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?