12th November 2016, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit in NET examination having completed MCA with distance mode? How to prepare for it?

Hello sir, I am B.Sc holder with 51.3% and MCA from distance education (63.3%). Am I eligible to sit in NET examination? If, possible then how to prepare for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  2. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%?
  3. Whether distance mode MCA qualified students eligible for GATE entrance?
  4. MCA after B.Sc. IT through Distance Learning Mode -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Am i eligible to sit for UGC NET exam after doing M.A in English through distance mode?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in UGC-NET being a distance MCA postgraduate with non-UGC university?
  7. NET exam after MCA from distance education and M.Phil with 68% and 63% marks respectively?
  8. Eligibility for lecturers to take classes in MCA course?
  9. Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam?
  10. Will I be eligible to apply for NET exam if I have completed MCA from a college where the UGC approval was withdrawn?
  11. Am i eligible to apply for NIMCET and JAM exams for admission to MCA after distance mode B.Sc.(IT)?
  12. Will I be eligible for NET after PG degree in distance mode?
  13. Am I eligible for Group I and II examination after completing B.A in distance mode?
  14. Eligibility for Ph.D in UK or US after completing MCA in distance mode?
  15. Distance degree holder is eligible for M.Sc & MCA?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D course if I have completed MCA in part time mode?
  17. Is Non Collegiate degree from reputed university equal to full time regular degree or is it also called a part time degree
  18. Am I eligible for M.Tech after finishing MCA? List of valid universities to do M.Tech in distance mode?
14th November 2016, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in NET examination having completed MCA with distance mode? How to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am B.Sc holder with 51.3% and MCA from distance education (63.3%). Am I eligible to sit in NET examination? If, possible then how to prepare for it?
If your masters degree is recognized then you are eligible for UGC NET exam otherwise not.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
15th November 2016, 12:00 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in NET examination having completed MCA with distance mode? How to prepare for it?

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for NET examination after completion of your PG degree from a recognized university having scored a minimum of 63.3% as the minimum educational requirement is that the candidate should have a minimum qualification of PG from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

In order to better prepare for it,you should get admission in a good coaching Institute providing classes for the preparation of NET examination. You should follow your classes properly and study with a proper time table and I am sure you will do well in the examination.
16th November 2016, 12:42 PM
laura-matthew

Distance mode candidates are not eligible for NET. But, if you are really interested in doing Ph.D. you can register with IGNOU. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?