9th April 2023, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

To become a commerce lecturer i have complete my BCom or do i have to finish any PG?

I want to become a commerce lecturer i have completed my BCom. Do i have to finish any PG or i must do only MCom please guide me

11th April 2023, 10:30 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To become a commerce lecturer i have complete my BCom or do i have to finish any PG?

To apply for Lecture positions in leading Universities, you must complete your Master's in commerce*with at least 55% of marks from any recognized university in addition to the NET exam and Ph. D. level. Also, for a successful and well-known lecturer, you should have a good number of research papers written throughout your studies and strong communication abilities.
12th April 2023, 01:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: To become a commerce lecturer i have complete my BCom or do i have to finish any PG?

Procedure to become a commerce lecturer:-

You need to have post graduate degree in commerce with good academic record minimum 55% or an equivalent grade at masters degree level. In addition you need to clear NET examination conducted by UGC.

Many private University also encourage students with excellent academic record to join them as faculty without NET qualification.

If you really serious about this career and wish to achieve success, do your post graduation in commerce, clear NET and go for PhD in a premier University.
13th April 2023, 02:30 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an Assistant Professor (formerly known as a lecturer), you are required to qualify UGC NET/CSIR NET in the relevant paper.

Further, for appearing in the above examinations, you are required to have completed your Master's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university and must have managed at least 55% marks in the qualifying degree. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed in case of reserved category candidates.

So, being a B.Com. graduate, to be an assistant professor, you will be required to go for Master's degree (PG) in the subject which you are looking to opt for as an optional subject i.e; Paper II while appearing in the UGC NET examinations.

For complete details regarding UGC NET and CSIR NET, you can refer to their respective official websites www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in and www.csirnet.nta.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?