13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Can i become a professor in college having M.Phil in Economics?

I am doing M.Phil in Economics and want to become a professor. I am good at studies. Kindly help me. I am suffering from depression. D.O.B. is 3/10/1987. TIME. 4:55AM. PLACE -MANDI HP. MOBILE NO. 9817166154. PLEASE HELP ME

13th June 2021, 09:58 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Can i become a professor in college having M.Phil in Economics?

Sorry M.phil is a master's degree in philosophy.. so if you want to become professor you master clear UGC NET exams...its a entrance exam for ph.d(doctors in philosophy) after that you become college professor or lecturer..
14th June 2021, 06:13 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become a professor in India is that the candidate must have post-graduation with minimum 55% marks from any university. The second step is that the candidate must have cleared NET exam. Then you can apply for the Assistant professor.
14th June 2021, 06:13 PM
Msdhoni02

The answer is NO. You must have to have a PhD to be eligible to become a professor. Moreover, till now one could apply for assistant professorship having cracked net and with a simple MA degree, but from 2021 onwards, one can apply for the same only when one has a PhD degree awarded.
14th June 2021, 08:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Professor, you are required to follow the below mentioned criteria. You must have successfully completed the below mentioned courses,

@ 12th Class in 10+2 pattern in any stream

@ Must have done Graduation or Post Graduation degree in any discipline or stream

@ You must have completed PhD course in the preferred stream in order to avail career path in research based institutions.

@ Also qualifying UGC NET is mandatory to become Professor.
15th June 2021, 10:52 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Yes, You can become a professor in college having M.Phil in Economic.

You must be having UGC NET or equivalent exam score.

If applicant have valid NET score than he/she is totally eligible to apply for the position of Assistant Professor.

On the basis of NET score applicant can apply for the Assistant Professor recruitment.

Applicant have to clear interview to secure position.
16th June 2021, 06:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't become a professor in college having M.Phil in Economics.

For become a professor you must have PhD degree along more than 10 years teaching/ research experience.
Moreover, till now one could appear for assistant professorship having cracked net and with a simple MA, but from 2021 onwards, one can apply for the same only when one has a PhD degree awarded.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?