13th June 2021, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I become Professor in engineering college if had backlog in past?

My goal is to become a professor in engineering college. I am going to complete my degree in 2016 but i am having few backlogs if i complete them before completion of my degree can i am eligible for that professor post or not

14th June 2021, 06:29 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become Professor in engineering college if had backlog in past?

The candidate can become a professor in engineering college if had backlog in past. But the candidate must have minimum 55% marks in post graduation. And the candidate should have cleared NET exam to become a professor.

You may visit the website www.ugcnet.nta.nic.in. for more updates.
14th June 2021, 06:29 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Can I become Professor in engineering college if had backlog in past?

The answer is YES, you can but you should clear your backlog first. You can appear but to take benefits of CSIR NET, you have to clear all the backlogs.
There is no age limit to apply for the National Eligibility Test in India. The NET is one of the toughest exam of India. The selection rate in NET is only 6%.
15th June 2021, 10:59 AM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Yes, You can become Professor in engineering college if you had backlog in past.

Once you will clear these backlog than go for master degree and complete it with minimum aggregate of 55%.

Appear and crack UGC NET/CSIR/ GATE exam.

On the basis of score of UGC NET/ CSIR / GATE , you will be eligible to apply for the position of professor in any good college.

If you could interview than you will be recruited as professor.
16th June 2021, 07:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not become Professor in engineering college if had backlog in past.

Candidate with backlog is eligible for apply for the post of polytechnic lecturer.
Until you do not complete your degrees, you are not eligible.

Hence it is required that first of all your prime focus should be completed your degree as soon as possible and then you should focus on other things.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?