14th February 2017, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I get assistant professor job, being a NET qualified candidates with 52% marks in MA?

Sir, I belong to OBC caste. I scored 52 percentage marks in MA and I'm NET qualified in Punjabi subject. Can I get a school or any assistant professor job in Chandigarh or Panchkula. Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the increment benefits difference for candidate getting selected as assistant professor via NET qualified and Ph.D?
  2. What career options do I have if I am interested in research field? I have passed MSc in Biotechnology
  3. Can I apply for assistant professor in commerce job after MBA in finance and NET qualified in management subject?
  4. Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?
  5. How to get scholarship where only qualified for NET assistant professor?
  6. Eligibility for Assistant Professor job in government degree colleges?
  7. How much stipend I will get to study PhD if qualified in UGC-NET for Assistant Professor post?
  8. What is the minimum criteria to become an assistant professor in private college or government college?
  9. Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc?
  10. Passing UGC NET is mandatory for being Assistant Professor in any government college?
  11. What is the qualification required to become a Lecturer as per AICTE norms? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Age limit to apply for Assistant Professor post in UGC recognized universities?
  13. What is the scope in government office after MSc?
  14. What is the process of getting a job after qualifying NET exam?
  15. Qualifying NET is mandatory for the post of Assistant Professor?
  16. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor for commerce
  17. Am I eligible for computer science lecturer in diploma polytechnic in Bangalore University after completing MSc in computer science
  18. What are the jobs available to get after completion of graduation in Political science honors?
15th February 2017, 10:53 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get assistant professor job, being a NET qualified candidates with 52% marks in MA?

The eligibility requires to become an assistant professor is you have to complete your master degree with first class in the core subject for which you want to become an assistant professor and also you have to pass the entrance level examination such as NET/SLET/SET.
15th February 2017, 11:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get assistant professor job, being a NET qualified candidates with 52% marks in MA?

I am sorry to say that you cannot get assistant professor job after the completion of MA with 52% of marks. Since you have scored 52% of marks in MA, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.
Candidates those ho have completed Ph.D course are eligible to apply for the post of assistant professor.
18th February 2017, 10:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I belong to OBC caste. I scored 52 percentage marks in MA and I'm NET qualified in Punjabi subject. Can I get a school or any assistant professor job in Chandigarh or Panchkula. Please reply.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

The educational qualification required for UGC NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for UGC NET exam.

There is no age criteria for UGC NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?