1st June 2016, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue PhD in Botany in future and appear for NET examination after completing M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?

I am currently pursuing my M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry after having completed my B.Sc in Botany. I want to know that can I opt for NET examination in future and also can I pursue PhD in Botany?

1st June 2016, 10:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD in Botany in future and appear for NET examination after completing M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?

For Ph.D in botany you need to have post graduation degree in the same subject. You being a biochemistry post graduate means you can only apply for admission in the same field.
Also, clearing NET in botany subject will help you get admission in your desired Ph.D programme.
2nd June 2016, 12:45 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue PhD in Botany in future and appear for NET examination after completing M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently pursuing my M.Sc in Bio-Chemistry after having completed my B.Sc in Botany. I want to know that can I opt for NET examination in future and also can I pursue PhD in Botany?
You are pursuing a candidate in M.Sc in Biochemistry, so you are eligible for the UGC NET exam.

Educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given to SC/ST category candidates. A final year student is also eligible for NET exam.

There are no age criteria for NET exam, but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
2nd June 2016, 01:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in PhD course in Botany after having completed your PG qualification in M.SC(Bio-Chemistry). You can surely opt for NET examination and opt to become a teacher in any good Institution, but surely cannot opt for PhD course mentioned above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?