8th June 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Can a M.Phil passed candidate get exemption in Pre-Ph.D entrance exam?

I have completed M.Phil in Botany from Berhampur University 15 years ago and want to do Ph.D. Can I get exemption from entrance to do Pre-Ph.D in Utkal University?

Related Questions:
  1. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  2. How to study M.Phil in distance education? I have completed MCA
  3. M.Phil without any entrance exam? Difference between M.Phil and PhD?
  4. What is the procedure to be followed for applying Ph.D Microbiology in Kerala?
  5. admission without entranceand mphil in phd in hyderabad universities
  6. Information about M.Phil Environmental Science course? Fee structure of the course?
  7. Details on how to join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance exam?
  8. Pursuing PhD along with correspondence M.Phil?
  9. Selection process and entrance exam for doing PhD in IGNOU for M.Phil postgraduate?
  10. Chances to get employed in government school and colleges after passing NET/SET after M.Com?
  11. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  12. JNU Pre-PhD entrance exam papers of Physics
  13. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  14. Is it possible to do M.Phil after graduating BCA? I have done BCA with 59.08%
  15. Details of M.Phil/Ph.D in mathematics in AP universities? Any universities in AP where I can get without answering any entrance test?
  16. How to get Ph.D in English from Calicut University after completing M.A in English?
  17. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I do Ph.D in Hindi without giving any entrance exam?
12th June 2016, 03:09 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a M.Phil passed candidate get exemption in Pre-Ph.D entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M.Phil in Botany from Berhampur University 15 years ago and want to do Ph.D. Can I get exemption from entrance to do Pre-Ph.D in Utkal University?

Yes, you get exemption from PhD entrance test with M.Phil qualification.
The eligibility to do PhD is a pass in Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with minimum of 55% marks from a recognised university. Because you have studied M.Phil you are exempted from entrance test, but you have to appear for an interview for the admission. There is no age limit to do PhD, so you can do PhD without entrance examination from various universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?