23rd February 2020, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test 2020

Hi, I am interested in doing my PhD so I am preparing for Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test. I want to do a PhD in Physics. Can any of you kindly let me know about the eligibility criteria to apply for this eligibility test of this year?

27th February 2020, 06:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test 2020

Eligibility to apply for Calcutta University Research Eligibility Test 2020:-
Candidates should be qualified in a master's degree in agronomy with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7 point scale to apply in the RET examination.
There will be a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55 % to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST/OBC (non creamy ) and other categories of candidates as per UGC PhD regulations.
Candidates with qualified marks in NET / GATE/ or have obtained DST INSPIRE Fellowship would be exempted from the Ph.D entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?