27th August 2019, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Computer Science) in Goa University?

Hi Sir, I want to study PhD(Computer Science) in Goa University. I just want to know about the eligibility criteria to pursue this course. So, please tell me about the eligibility criteria for applying in this course.

31st August 2019, 12:01 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Computer Science) in Goa University?

The required eligibility to study PhD(Computer Science) in Goa University is the candidate should have passed Master degree in the respective field from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in the master degree to get admission in Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science is 60% for open and 55% for SC/ST category candidate. The selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of performance in the entrance and Interview. The duration of the Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science is 3 years.
31st August 2019, 11:18 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to pursue PhD in Computer Science in Goa University:

The basic eligibility criteria required to pursue this PhD in Computer Science in Goa University is given below.

Name of the College - Goa University

Name of the Course - PhD in Computer Science

>> You must have completed Master's Degree with minimum 55% marks in the concerned discipline in order to be eligible.

>> There is a 5% relaxation in percentage for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH Category candidates.

>> Besides this you will have to qualify in the entrance test conducted by the college generally during the month of August/ July.

>> Candidates who have qualified SET or NET or JRF Examination of apex bodies like CSIR or ICMR or DBT or ICAR..then you are exempted from appearing in the test that is conducted by the college.

Click here for more detailed information

Click here for contact details
31st August 2019, 04:59 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD (Computer Science) in Goa University are as mentioned below:-
Candidate must have completed their Master's degree or M.Phil in the relevant stream from a recognised University.
Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate in Master's degree.
The relaxation of 5 % aggregate are given to the SC/ST candidates.
Candidate may have to qualify for the entrance examination.
There is no age restriction to study this course.
5th September 2019, 01:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I want to study PhD(Computer Science) in Goa University. I just want to know about the eligibility criteria to pursue this course. So, please tell me about the eligibility criteria for applying in this course.
Candidates who have completed masters degree in Computer Science from a recognized University are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

List of the entrance exams for Ph.D course :-

1.UGC NET

2.GATE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?