8th August 2021, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam to become a Rocket Scientist in ISRO?

Hi.. I am doing my btech in mechanical after completing it what entrance exams do I need to take to be a scientist in isro from this can I be able to travel in manned mission after training please let me know thank you.

8th August 2021, 05:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which entrance exam to become a Rocket Scientist in ISRO?

°°° As you are doing your engineering in mechanical field then, you have to maintain a good academic record and develop deep and vast technical skills in your department.
Each year centralised recruitment notice will be coming, prepare for written test and interview and if your department belongs to Faculty of above-mentioned discipline you will be allowed to write the corresponding paper in the written test.
After completion of BTech you can also take admission in Masters for PhD in the related field and then you can do live registration.
You may be called for interview based on the need of ISRO.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://isro.gov.in
8th August 2021, 05:48 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To become a space scientist, one should possess the relevant education in pure science or engineering disciplines. ISRO recruit candidates with Ph.D in Astronomy, Physics and Mathematics along with engineers in disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Computer Sciences.

You can enter ISRO as a science or an engineer in one of two ways.

You will take the IIST exam ( Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) Trivandrum) after or during your 12th grade.

The IIST website -
www.iist.ac.in has more information about this test.
8th August 2021, 08:22 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

To become an ISRO, You will have to appear in the entrance exam called the IIST exam (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)) and you have to qualify the exam to become a Rocket Scientist in ISRO.
8th August 2021, 10:09 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

1 - Candidates should choose a PCM class 12th.

2 - Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering ( BTech, B.E ).

3 - The major subjects of focus must be physics, aerodynamics and related subjects like a rocket of design such as area dynamic former Pro solution structures navigation/guidance/control.

4 - Further education like a PhD in physics or mathematics can be beneficial and is required for carrying out independent research in the field of rocket science.
9th August 2021, 12:57 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

To become a Rocket Scientist in ISRO a candidate should choose PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) at class 12th and thereafter BE/BTech in any disciplines such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, and Computer Science. You can also take up a science degree such as a bachelor's in Mathematics, Physics, and Astronomy and then go for a master's degree in the relevant field. A PhD in Physics or Mathematics would be an added advantage.

To get ISRO jobs recruitment is conducted by a Centralised Recruitment Board. You can find ISRO jobs under the 'Careers' tab on the ISRO official website, check the eligibility criteria, and then apply for the job. The selection will be done through a written examination followed by an interview. I am also giving you the ISRO website link for your reference that is www.isro.gov.in
9th August 2021, 04:47 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

You will take the IIST exam (Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Trivandrum) after or during your 12th grade. The IIST website, www.iist.ac.in, has more information about this test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?