8th December 2014, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

How CSIR is different from UGC for NET? Should I appear in UGC-NET instead of CSIR-NET?

hi,
im pavi i hv done M.Sc Biotechnology.
Iwant to take net exam. What is the difference between csir net and ugc net.now i have seen that both exam is in different date
Can i take ugc net other than csir?

10th December 2014, 05:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How CSIR is different from UGC for NET? Should I appear in UGC-NET instead of CSIR-NET?

CSIR NET is for Science and Technology subjects which are listed below.

1. Engineering Sciences
2. Earth Sciences
3. Chemical Sciences
4. Life Sciences
5. Physical Sciences

UGC NET has core subjects and you need to have a Master's Degree in that core subject then only you can apply for it. You must have at least 55% marks in your Master's degree.

You can apply for CSIR NET Life Science if you have M.Sc in Biotechnology. You can also appear for UGC NET in that subject, which is related to your Master's degree.

For more information visit http://ugcnetonline.in and http://www.csirhrdg.res.in/
23rd February 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How CSIR is different from UGC for NET? Should I appear in UGC-NET instead of CSIR-NET?

I m a MSC( previous year)student with physics.Can I apply for electronics science from ugc net??
13th March 2015, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

i am a psychology PG degree holder. can i attend the CSIR NET exam? is it comes under life sciences branch?
13th March 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

iam a psychology PG degree holder. can i attend the CSIR NET exam? is it comes under life science branch?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?