1st March 2017, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

How much percentile is required in GATE to get admission for Ph.D Biotechnology in IISc or IITs?

How much percentile is required in GATE to get admission for Ph.D Biotechnology in IISc or IITs? Can you please give me the cut-off which was followed in the last year? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon on this. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. In which IITs I have a chance to get admission through GATE score for Phd?
  2. Is it possible for me to get admission in IIT for doing Ph.D if I have scored 96.6 percentile in GATE Biotechnology?
  3. How much percentile is required in GATE to get admission for Ph.D Biotechnology in IISc or IITs? -- [New]
  4. Admission process for Ph.D from IISC, Bangalore after 97 or above percentile in GATE?
  5. Will my son get admission in IITs or IISc with a score of 627 in GATE Exam?
  6. Required percentile in GATE to get institution providing Ph.D in Biotechnology?
  7. Can I apply to study PhD in Biotechnology with 91.15 percentile in GATE? Procedure to apply?
  8. Can I do PhD in IIT or NIT if secured 95.96 percentile in GATE-Biotechnology?
  9. What is the minimum percentile required in GATE to get through IITs? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it mandatory to appear for the entrance exam of Ph.D? I want to take admission for Ph.D in IISC
  11. List of institutes which offer admission in PhD course for a candidate who has secured 89.5 percentile in GATE? Procedure to get admission?
  12. List of Government Colleges for M.Tech or PhD in Biotechnology taking GATE score for admission? I got 947 rank, 40.67 percentile and 381 score in GATE
  13. Can I apply for PhD course under Result Awaited category in IIT-Roorkee if secured 91.15 percentile in GATE(Biotechnology) and pursuing last semester of M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  14. Is a student eligible for M.Tech admission in IIT or IISc after scoring 98 to 99 percentile with an average of 60%?
  15. Required percentile in GATE Exam for getting admission to MS in IITs?
  16. Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission in IIT or NIT after completion of GATE with 87.64 percentile?
  17. Can I apply for PhD in Biotechnology at IIT Roorkee? Procedure for the same?
  18. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
3rd March 2017, 04:30 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentile is required in GATE to get admission for Ph.D Biotechnology in IISc or IITs?

The admission in IISc or IITs depends upon the cut off marks and cannot be estimated accurately. It changes every year in every institute. The cut off marks depends upon the following factors:

> NUmber of seats available

> NUmber of candidates appearing for the examination

> Difficulty level of the paper

So, in order to get admission for the above mentioned course you have to fulfill the cut off marks at first. However, the last year cut off for was 26.08 for general candidates, 23.47 for OBc and 17.39 for SC/ST/PWD.
3rd March 2017, 05:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much percentile is required in GATE to get admission for Ph.D Biotechnology in IISc or IITs?

Basically there is no such percentage criteria required in GATE in order to pursue Ph.D in Biotechnology in IITs or IISc. Here is the basic eligibility criteria that is required to get Admission into Ph.D through GATE Score.

>> You must have completed B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.Sc or its equivalent from a recognized university

>> You must be with Valid GATE score

(or)

>> Valid score of UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ ICMR JRF/ DBT JRF to be eligible.

>> Minimum 60% marks to be secured in the qualifying examination. So as far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no such percentage required in GATE, instead you must have a valid GATE score.
3rd March 2017, 08:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

It is very good that you want to pursue Ph.D in Biotechnology in IISc or in IITs. For that you must have to score merit marks, then only you can get admission into IITs or in IISc.
You must have to score AIR below 5000 in order to grab a good Institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?