20th July 2016, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Which one to choose between M.Tech and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics?

I have completed ma first year M.sc., physics now and after completing ma post graduation im in a dilemma to join either Phd or M.Tech.so pls guide me and also make know wat r the branches i can opt if i choose M.Tech. Kindly guide me in the right path.

21st July 2016, 11:11 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to choose between M.Tech and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics?

After completing your M.Sc degree in Physics, you must go for Ph.D degree in Physics. It will be beneficial.
Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D after the completion of M.Sc, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Physics:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree course in Physics from a recognised University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Candidates must have a valid NET scorecard.
22nd July 2016, 06:12 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which one to choose between M.Tech and Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics?

That depends upon your own interest as to which course you are interested in. Both the courses will provide you a good exposure on the subject you wish to study. However, PhD degree is highly reputed degree and will help you a lot in future.

Therefore, I suggest you to go for PhD only as you already have a PG degree with you and so getting another PG degree is not worth it. You should therefore opt for PhD course and should study it with full devotion.
23rd July 2016, 12:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed ma first year M.sc., physics now and after completing ma post graduation im in a dilemma to join either Phd or M.Tech.so pls guide me and also make know wat r the branches i can opt if i choose M.Tech. Kindly guide me in the right path.
You have completed M.Sc in Physics, So you can do for Ph.D course. Ph.D course is better then M.Tech course.

But you should qualify in CSIR NET exam.

Those candidates who have completed BS-4 years program/BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/MBBS/Integrated BS-MS/M.Sc. or Equivalent degree with at least 55% marks are eligible for CSIR NET exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?