10th May 2016, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to apply for Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc Maths?

My name is nidhi singhal and i am M.sc with maths i want to apply for phd in statistics .can it be possible? What is the minimum criteria asked for the course? Who can provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the response.

12th May 2016, 11:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is nidhi singhal and i am M.sc with maths i want to apply for phd in statistics .can it be possible? What is the minimum criteria asked for the course? Who can provide me the complete information on the same? Awaiting for the response.
You have completed M.Sc degree in Mathematics so, you are eligible for Ph.D course in Statistics.

But your masters degree marks must be above 55%.

There are no age criteria to apply for Ph.D course in Statistics.
13th May 2016, 05:40 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to apply for Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Sc Maths?

Since you have completed your M.Sc degree in Mathematics, you are definitely eligible to opt for Ph.D degree course in Statistics.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for Ph.D, have a look over it.

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?