11th February 2015, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Physics after completing BioTechnology?

I am M.Tech in Biotechnology fro IItm. And now i am interested in now do phd.
But i am interested phd in physics. so it is possible phd in physics after biotechnology graduates?

15th February 2015, 03:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to do Ph.D in Physics after completing BioTechnology?

Sorry, Biotechnology is a different field and you can't get admission in Ph.D Physics if you have done Master's in Biotechnology. You will be eligible for Ph.D in related streams of Biotechnology and Biological Sciences.

The minimum requirement for a Ph.D admission in India is Master's degree with at least 55% marks in the related discipline. IF you are a Graduate then you are not eligible for Ph.D admission as most of the Universities don't give admission on the basis of Graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?