3rd January 2021, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in UGC NET to secure PhD(Physics) admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University?

Hi, I just want to know that for getting admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University for PhD program in Physics, I have to appear in UGC NET? I am planning to do this PhD program from this university. So, please let me know if I have to give UGC NET or not?

5th January 2021, 05:49 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC NET to secure PhD(Physics) admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University?

It is not compulsory to appear in UGC NET to secure PhD(Physics) admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University.

Applicant can also get admission through entrance exam conducted by university.

I'm giving you link of official website for any inquiry.
http://www.simhapuriuniv.ac.in
5th January 2021, 10:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in UGC NET to secure PhD(Physics) admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University?

--- To secure admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University, VSU Research Entrance examination ( VSURESET ) examination is conducted by the university.

Candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR/NET/SLET/GATE examination, DST-Inspire, ICMR, DBT etc. Fellowship holders are exempted from the entrance test.

This exam is conducted in the month of September every year and contain 120 MCQs in total.
5th January 2021, 10:47 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

°°° Absolutely, you have to appear in Entrance Exam to secure PhD Physics admission in Vikrama Simhapuri University.

Entrance Exam: VSU Research Entrance Test ( VSURESET) will be conducted for admission to research programs.

Only qualifying in the entrance exam will not ensure admission unless the eligibility conditions are satisfied.

Candidates who have passed UGC/CSIR NET/SLET/GATE examination, DST-Inspire, ICMR, DBT etc., fellowship holders are exempted from the entrance test.

°°° For more information you can visit the official website
http://www.simhapuriuniv.org
6th January 2021, 12:25 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to appear in UGC NET to secure PhD in Physics admission at Vikrama Simhapuri University. A lot of universities/colleges conduct their own customized and personalized examinations. Admission selection for the Vikrama Simhapuri University is done on the basis of the score obtained in APRCET (Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test) followed by an interview.

The educational qualification required is a candidate must have passed Master's degree in the relevant field with a minimum score of 55% marks in aggregate for general category and for SC/ST category it is 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. I am also giving you the university website link for your reference that is www.simhapuriuniv.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?