27th November 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Where should I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Computer Science? Which one is better between M.Phil and Ph.D?

Hello sir, I have completed M.Tech in Computer Science and now want to do Ph.D or M.Phil in same stream. Where should I apply for it? Which one is better for me between M.Phil and Ph.D?

29th November 2016, 05:42 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Where should I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Computer Science? Which one is better between M.Phil and Ph.D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed M.Tech in Computer Science and now want to do Ph.D or M.Phil in same stream. Where should I apply for it? Which one is better for me between M.Phil and Ph.D?

You can apply to any one of the universities where the course is taught. The M.Phil in Computer Science course is available in various colleges and universities in India like

Goa University - Website Link

Jain University - Website Link

Amrita University - Website Link

Madras University - Website Link

If you want to complete your research in a particular duration then you can choose M.Phil. The M.Phil course can be finished within two years from the date of admission. But in the case of PhD, you cannot complete it within two years it will take at least three to four years to complete. Most of the M.Phil programs are funded like PhD program, so you will get stipend. The duration of M.Phil is less and the course work is comparatively easier. The M.Phil is easier to complete than a PhD. After M.Phil you can work in teaching profession or in industries. So you can choose M.Phil now.
30th November 2016, 08:03 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Where should I apply for Ph.D or M.Phil in Computer Science? Which one is better between M.Phil and Ph.D?

You should pursue Ph.D after the completion of M.Tech in Computer Science.
To do so, you must have to appear in the NET examination, qualifying in which you can pursue the Ph.D course.
You need to apply in different Colleges offering the Ph.D course in above mentioned field in order to take admission to study the Ph.D course.
Since you have completed your Masters degree course, you are eligible for the NET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?