16th March 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?

hello,

i have done my B.Tech in mechanical engineering currently i am studying M.tech in Thermal engineering, is about to complete within may.
i want to do phd from higher educational institutes in india like IIT or NIT.
But when i go through most of their advertisements about phd i found that they advertise about mechanical engineering, no doubt in the mechanical engineering advertisements contain my subject of interest.

Is i am eligible for apply for phd in mechanical engineering with my subject of interest in Nits or IIts.

please show me the right path

Related Questions:
  1. Can I try for any of the BITS/NITS/IITs after scoring 392 in Mechanical Engineering in GATE with 9151 AIR?
  2. What is the procedure to get the admission details after B.E? Fee structure and the admission schedule?
  3. How much will be my rank after scoring 44 marks in GATE in mechanical?
  4. Cutoff rank required for IIT and NITs for mechanical branch?
  5. How to get a job of professor lecturer in IITs/NITs
  6. What condition would be better for me to be Professor in IITs and NITs?
  7. Can I join Masters in Environmental Engineering in IITs or NITs after completion of BE in Chemical Engineering?
  8. How can I do masters in constructional or related field of interior design so as to join an Architectural firm?
  9. What can I expect from my score 34.39 marks in GATE CS if I am from SC category? Can I get into IITs or NITs?
  10. Is it necessary to join Coaching Institute for AIEEE?
  11. Am I eligible for any universities, NITs or IITs after scoring 3467 in GATE? Can I get in Osmania University in Hyderabad?
  12. Number of seats for the candidates of OBC category for M.Tech course in IITs and NITs?
  13. Which all NITs or IITs offer Nanoelectronics? Study material to prepare for GATE?
  14. Should I do 3 years Diploma to get admission in IIT?
  15. Institutes providing fellowship with Ph.D in English which may include central universities central universities or NITs or IITs?
  16. Admission to IITs or NITs after 38 marks in GATE CS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor in IITs? I am a B.E student
  18. Chance of getting into NITs after GATE score of 49 (Mechanical)? Any chance of getting into IITs?
27th March 2015, 11:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?

For getting admission into IITs or NITs for your Ph.D program, you have to qualify exams like NET/SLET/JRF/GATE with an excellent score. These are top Institutes for doing Ph.D and you have to clear any of these exams with a very good score. Also make sure that you have got at least 55% marks in your M.Tech degree from a recognized University.

Those with GATE percentile of above 90 will have a good chance of getting admission. Those with JRF in the given field are also preferred for admission in the Ph.D program by IITs and NITs. Hence, try to get any of these qualifications before applying to make sure you get admission without any doubt.
31st August 2018, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for PhD in Mechanical Engineering at IITs or NITs?

I have done my diploma in mechanical engineering with 76 percentage, having 15 years of work experience in automotive field, interested in doing Phd in mechanical engineering, pl guide me the path.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?