13th April 2022, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MA English being a Sanskrit Graduate?

I m presently doing my Graduation in BA Sanskrit. Am I eligible to do post graduation in English.

14th April 2022, 08:35 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do MA English being a Sanskrit Graduate?

Yes, you can do post graduation or masters in two different subjects.
But not at the same time, otherwise one degree would be invalid. You can do one after other. And yes, it is useful for some courses.
14th April 2022, 11:51 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to study MA in English is a candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in English or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Most universities give first preference to the candidates who have completed their graduation with English if you wish to do to master in that subject. The minimum score may vary from college to college.

Admission is done both on the basis of merit and entrance examination scores. In the entrance examination, the candidate can appear in any national level, state level, or institute level entrance examination. Based on the score in the entrance examination a counseling process is conducted and thereafter final allocation of seats is done.
15th April 2022, 10:23 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to study MA in English:

The minimum educational qualification required to pursue MA in English is given below,

Name of the Course - MA in English

>> In order to be eligible for pursuing this course, candidiates must have completed Bachelor's Degree in English with minimum 50% Mark's from a recognized university or institute.

>> Graduation with English as the main subject should be studied to be eligible.

>> As far as my knowledge is concerned, you may not be eligible for pursuing this course.
15th April 2022, 04:26 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have persued BA in english or equivalent degree with minimum overall aggregate of 50% are eligible.

Admission is based on entrance exam and direct admission process.

Thus sanskrit graduate is not eligible for MA english.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?