1st August 2016, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I do Ph.D in Astrophysics after MCA?

I am pursuing MCA now. I have completed my BCA degree and I have studied physics,maths, chemistry and computer science in plus two level. Can I do Ph.D in astrophysics abroad? Please give me a quick answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  2. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  3. Universities offering Integrated M.Tech+Ph.D in Astrophysics programme for MCA graduate?
  4. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
  5. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
  6. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  7. Is it possible to join NASA after studying PhD in Astrophysics?
  8. Can I do Ph.D in Astrophysics after MCA? -- [New]
  9. How to do Ph.D in Astrophysics?
  10. Am I eligible to study PhD in Astrophysics if pursuing M.Sc in Physics after completed B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  11. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  12. Can I study PhD in Astrophysics after completion of B.Tech Civil?
  13. List of colleges which offer Integrated M.Sc and PhD in Astrophysics? Eligibility to get admission?
  14. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  15. How can I study PhD in Astrophysics being a B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?
  16. Admission procedure and eligibility to study PhD in Astrophysics in TIFR?
  17. Join Astrophysics after B.Tech Electrical and Electronics? Which exams need to be written and colleges offering the course? Is it necessary to do Ph.D after completion of MSc Astrophysics? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
2nd August 2016, 09:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Astrophysics after MCA?

Yes, you can get admission in PhD course after completion of your MCA course, provided you will have to appear for PhD entrance examination in the prospective Institute from where you wish to pursue your career in.

Candidates successfully clearing their JEST examination will be allowed to get admission in the course.

Once you get a PhD degree, you shall most probably be appointed as a JRF(Junior Research Fellowship)/ Research Scientist, etc. depending upon your knowledge and abilities.
5th August 2016, 12:01 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do Ph.D in Astrophysics after MCA?

I am happy to say you that definitely you can do Ph.D in Astrophysics after the completion of your Masters degree.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
Candidates must have appeared in NET examination and must have valid NET scorecard to take admission for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?