27th August 2015, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Chances of getting into Engineering colleges as Lecturer after BE completion?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course shall I opt for between M.Tech and MS after completion of BE in Computer Science to join as Lecturer in Engineering Colleges?
  2. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges
  3. How to get Lecturer Job in Government Colleges after the completion of MCA?
  4. Are there any openings for lecturer in engineering colleges?
  5. How may I get a lecturer job in engineering colleges in Lucknow? Provide list of all private and government engineering colleges in Lucknow
  6. Is B.ed compulsory to be a lecturer in college?
  7. Eligibility for Lecturer post in Anna University approved engineering colleges?
  8. How to become a lecturer in government engineering college? What is the salary?
  9. Value of M.Tech after M.Sc or better to go for B.Tech?
  10. Is it a good idea to do a job as a lecturer in Government Polytechnic Colleges in Delhi? How to apply and what are the requirements to become a lecturer in Polytechnic colleges?
  11. How to become a lecturer in good colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for the post of lecturer in government polytechnic colleges? I have completed MCA but degree with Chemistry
  13. How to get Lecturer jobs in Government colleges having completed M.Tech?
  14. Am I eligible for lecturer in any engineering college after completing MCA
  15. What is the salary scale of lecturer in private engineering colleges?
  16. Can I apply for TRB exam after finishing M.Com and M.Phil?
  17. Is it possible to become a lecturer in psychology field after completion of MSc?
  18. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English?
27th August 2015, 10:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting into Engineering colleges as Lecturer after BE completion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Eligibility criteria become college lecturer:

1.Completed masters degree with above 55% marks.

2.Completed Ph.D degree.

3.Must have UGC NET/SET/SLET score.

4.There is no age criteria.
27th August 2015, 11:20 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Chances of getting into Engineering colleges as Lecturer after BE completion?

Yes, as per latest rules and regulations of All India Council for Technical Education, bachelor of engineering or technology candidates can teach in engineering colleges as a lecturer.

So, if you are interested in teaching in engineering colleges, you can visit the college in which you want to teach, generally a personal interview is conducted by the college for the final recruitment. Candidate need to give a demo of teaching style and way of communication on any particular topic assigned by the interview taking persons.

However the payscale for the lecturer in private engineering colleges is low and is around Rs 25,000. From my point of view, you must do master's degree in technology for better salary and post of Assistant Professor in engineering colleges. You can appear for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering and if you score good marks and rank, you can do M.Tech from government approved institutions.

While doing M.Tech, you will also receive stipend if you are GATE qualified.
31st August 2015, 06:42 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You need to complete your Masters Degree to become a Lecturer in an Engineering College.
You need to complete your Masters Degree with 55% marks and once you have done that you will be eligible for the post of a Lecturer in an Engineering College.
So you need to complete your M.Tech to increase your chances of becoming a Lecturer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?