17th November 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

How can i become a English Lecturer after studying English Honours?

Hi guys, I am in 10th class.I am planning to do English honours and want to become a Lecturer. So how can i do that? Please help ASAP.

18th November 2015, 07:36 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can i become a English Lecturer after studying English Honours?

If you want to become English lecturer then you must do master's degree in English and then apply for the National Eligibility Test. NET is the entrance exam conducted by the University Grants Commission twice every year for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.

Once you clear NET exam and if vacancies are there in government colleges, you can appear for the interview for final recruitment.

There is no upper age limit for the Lectureship. The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years. So, you have long way to go for the lectureship, first do master's degree in English.
19th November 2015, 10:27 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can i become a English Lecturer after studying English Honours?

To become an English lecturer, you should complete your Masters Degree course in English subject and then apply for the National Eligibility Test NET exam conducted by the University Grants Commission. Then after qualifying in the entrance examination, if there are vacancies for the post, then you have to appear in the final Interview round clearing which you can be recruited for the post of Lecturer.
So, just complete your Masters degree and then apply for the Entrance examination and score well to proceed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?