22nd March 2023, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I got 51% in masters degree can I eligible or apply NET SET examination?

I got 51% in masters degree can I eligible or apply NET SET examination?

22nd March 2023, 06:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I got 51% in masters degree can I eligible or apply NET SET examination?

Having completed your Master's degree course with 51% marks, you will be eligible for appearing in UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/SET only if you belong to reserved category candidates, as for appearing in the same examination, the minimum marks required in the Master's degree in relevant discipline with at least 55% marks (which is relaxed to 50% marks in the case of candidates from reserved category) from a recognized university.

For complete details regarding the UGC-NET and CSIR-NET, you can refer to the link https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ and https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/ respectively.
23rd March 2023, 09:28 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I got 51% in masters degree can I eligible or apply NET SET examination?

The required minimum eligibility to apply for NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

So, with 51% aggregate in the master degree, you are not eligible to appear in the examination.
24th March 2023, 04:11 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Applicants must hold a master's degree or its equivalent from an accredited university with at least 55% of their marks in order to be eligible to sit for the UGC NET exam. For SC/ST/OBC/PWD applicants, the minimum percentage needed is 50%, according to UGC NET Eligibility.

So, If you meet the aforementioned requirements, you are qualified to apply for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?