25th August 2015, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D. in Library Science through distance mode?

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutes with fee structure which offer PhD in Library Science through Distance Education? Detailed procedure of admission?
  2. Course details and fees for doing Bachelor of Library Science & Information through distance mode?
  3. Universities offering PhD in Maths through regular or distance mode? Procedure involved in doing PhD?
  4. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  5. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry through distance mode?
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA from SMU?
  7. Application procedure for Bachelor of Library information science through distance learning? Fee details, duration and last date to submit the form for the same?
  8. Criteria to obtain PhD in Economics? Universities providing PhD in distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible for PhD having done PGDM from ITS with dual specialization?
  10. What I need to do to get registered for PhD in Computer Science? Which UGC recognized universities I can register with?
  11. PhD admission for Library Information Science?
  12. Can i do PhD in IT after completing MCA through distance learning or do I need to do pursue M.Phil or M.Tech first? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it possible to do Ph.D in Chemistry in distance? List of universities offering courses in distance mode?
  14. University offering distance M.Phil in Library & Information Science? Fee details?
  15. Am I eligible to study Ph.D in Computer Science if completed M.Sc with 55.55% marks? Universities offering Ph.D in Computer Science through Distance Mode in India?
  16. Is it possible to do Ph.D. in Library Science through distance mode? -- [New]
  17. List of universities which offer PhD in Library and Information Science?
  18. Can I pursue Ph.D in computer science after MCA or MSc IT?
25th August 2015, 09:41 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D. in Library Science through distance mode?

Yes, you can pursue distance mode PH.D from recognized universities if you have the required qualification with at least 55% marks. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Admission is based on merit and you have to appear for exam and interview. If you can qualify exams like NET/SET/JRF then it will be good for toy.
25th August 2015, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D. in Library Science through distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can do Ph.D in Library Science through distance mode.

List of the university for part time Ph.D course in Library Science in India:-

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001
https://www.unigoa.ac.in

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
26th August 2015, 10:21 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ph.D in distance mode is available in IGNOU. The minimum duration is 2 years and the maximum duration is 5 years. The eligibility for the course is 55% marks in Master's in Library and Information Science (MLIS) from a recognized university and or M.Phil from the recognized university. The selection will be done through Entrance Test, Interview, Presentation and Viva voce. There is no age limit for this course. For details you can check the IGNOU official website:
http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...es/detail/96/2
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?