21st July 2016, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future?

What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future? It should be easy enough for me to concentrate on the IAS preparation. So, please do let me know which are the course I can prefer which will be helpful for me in future as well.

21st July 2016, 12:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future? It should be easy enough for me to concentrate on the IAS preparation. So, please do let me know which are the course I can prefer which will be helpful for me in future as well.
You can do post garduation degree in Arts subject to become an IAS officer. Arts subjects are scoring for Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

IAS exam dates:-

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM. 2016:- 07.08.2016 (SUNDAY).

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM, 2016:- 03.12.2016 (SATURDAY)
21st July 2016, 01:43 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What are the best post graduation course to do if I want to become an IAS in future?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and the candidates have to qualify in Civil Services examination for recruitment in job.

There is no limitations on the discipline paper of master or bachelor degree to appear for examination. So, you can select any paper but you must try to select the paper as according to your interest so that it will be helpful for you during Mains ( optional ).

As, of today most of students select select the B.A for the examination.
21st July 2016, 04:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS the minimum eligibility criteria required is graduation in any discipline from recognised university.
Hence you are eligible for the exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.
But if you are interested to pursue post graduation then you can go for Masters in Arts, as it would be very helpful for you to prepare yourself for IAS Preparation.
21st July 2016, 07:09 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
21st July 2016, 11:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and to qualify in examination candidates have to qualify in Civil Services examination for final recruitment.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and the candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection for job.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, as per your interest in subject you can select the post graduation paper. Most of candidates prefer to go with History, English, Political Science, Geography etc.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2016, 03:29 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You do not need to have a PG qualification with you if you want to become an IAS officer in future. You will only have to have a graduation degree with you from a recognized board and then will have to appear for UPSC examination. Once you clear the examination, you will have to go for physical and PI rounds. After clearing all the stages of interview, you will be very much eligible to become an IAS officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?