14th March 2023, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant navy after completing BE - Information Technology?

hi i am in the final year of BE-IT and i want to join Merchant navy. Can you please guide me how to get into Merchant navy field?

15th March 2023, 03:23 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing BE - Information Technology?

The requirements to join the Merchant navy are that to serve as an Officer on the Deck department, you must have a B.Sc. or Diploma in Nautical Science, or you must be a Mechanical, Marine, Electrical, Electronic, or Electrical Engineer.
15th March 2023, 03:41 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant navy after completing BE - Information Technology?

There is no requirement for IT engineers in Merchant Navy in any of the department Deck, Engine, Radio, Services etc.

But you have option

For Deck Rating:-
Any bachelor degree with one year or 6 months pre-sea training.
Age limit -
21 to 23 years.

Catering Rating:-
Any background will do.
Background in Hotel Management with experience in the hospitality business will be a great help.

Age limt:-
25 years for MBA holder.
15th March 2023, 04:03 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

After completing BE - Information Technology, you are not eligible to directly apply to join Merchant navy. To work as an Officer in this field, you must possess a B.Sc. or Diploma in Nautical Science, or have experience as a Mechanical, Marine, Electrical, Electronic, or Electrical Engineer, according to the qualifications for joining the Merchant Navy.
15th March 2023, 06:08 PM
Msdhoni02

1. Following are the eligibility criteria a candidate must have to pursue a career in the Merchant Navy.

2. A candidate must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and maths with an aggregate score of 50 per cent or equivalent, from a recognised board.
15th March 2023, 08:54 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

A candidate must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and maths with an aggregate score of 50 per cent or equivalent, from a recognised board. They should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?