15th June 2017, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Is company secretary a good career option for girls?

Sir, I gave MA standard 12th commerce and result are also yet to come.ma SSC percentage was 61% only. Please tell me with some promising careers and I have heard that there is scope only for girls in CS (company secretary) is it true? Please give some info on that also please confused.

15th June 2017, 08:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is company secretary a good career option for girls?

Candidates who have enrolled for the 10+2 examination can apply for company secretary course. As you want to pursue CS there is no such gender discrimination of getting additional plus point for being a girl or so. To become a company secretary one has to be really dedicated and hard working. The job demands intensive knowledge of legal aspects of taxation,accounting,auditing or financial analysis etc. Any person willing to have a corporate living and good pay can go for the course. No such gender preference is guided for the course.
15th June 2017, 08:20 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Company secretary course is a good option for Girls. Upon successful completion of this Company secretary course, you can find employment opportunities in,

>> Public Sector Banks

>> Private Sector Banks

>> Stock Exchanges

>> Financial Institutions

>> Department of Company Affairs

>> Bureau of Public Enterprises

>> Law Boards ...etc.,

Other than these, you can find job opportunities in ONGC, BEML, Airport Authority of India, Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited ...etc
16th June 2017, 12:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I gave MA standard 12th commerce and result are also yet to come.ma SSC percentage was 61% only. Please tell me with some promising careers and I have heard that there is scope only for girls in CS (company secretary) is it true? Please give some info on that also please confused.

Yes, company secretary course is a good option for girls. It is one of the difficult course to complete. Candidates have to put a lot of effort to complete the course. The value of the company secretary course is high in India. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is conducting the course. Company secretary course has Foundation Program, Executive Program and Professional Program. Candidates with 10+2 qualification can start from Foundation Program, Executive Program and Professional Program and those with graduation can pursue the course of the Executive Program and Professional Program. It is one of the good options for girls to study.
16th June 2017, 06:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you may choose company secretary course in order to find good job opportunities there are many top companies that recruit "Company Secretary" background candidates and high package is also offered for candidates from Company secretary background. You may apply for several posts namely,

>> Legal Advisor

>> Directors

>> Policy Maker

>> Registrar

>> Corporate Planner

>> Administrative Officer

>> Principal Secteray ...etc.,

You can apply for jobs in Banking sector, Financial Sector, Public Sector, Stock Exchanges Sector, Department of Company Affairs, Law Boards...etc.,
17th June 2017, 12:07 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes definitely, company Secretary is a good career option for girls as well as for boys.There is nothing to do with gender, one should possess quality, required qualification and good personalty for this position.
Since India is growing and so as the companies of India, so every big company needs professional who can look after their companies affair and give them valuable advice on that matters.
So, it has vast and bright future.
2nd September 2019, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir, will I get job in Mumbai after completing company secretary course
9th September 2019, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir I just passed my HSC resulted from commerce I have score 68% from Maharashtra board sir I am confused in between CS and CA what should I prefer to do
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?