19th October 2021, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Is this possible to become a software engineer after passing BSc(IT)?

Hiii, I am interesting in computer, and I want to become software engineer. I passed 12th commerce.

So can I become software engineer or not?

20th October 2021, 01:40 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to become a software engineer after passing BSc(IT)?

Candidates who have done B.Tech Software Engineering or M.Tech Software Engineering with atleast 60%marks can become a software engineer.For Software Engineering you will have to develop excellent programming skills.
20th October 2021, 05:11 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to become a software engineer after passing BSc(IT)?

There is possibility of yours to become a good software engineer after a degree in computer science, but degree in software engineering of same quality would be more helpful.
There are probably more software engineer with degree in computer science.
20th October 2021, 06:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a software engineer after passing BSc( IT ):-

If you study BTech or BE then professionally you can be called as engineer. But apart from that you can study BCA or BSc (IT) in order to be in computer application technology related field.

Now software engineer is a post whete candidates having the qualifications like BTech or BCA or BSc ( IT) can apply for. Normally BTech are preferred more in this role. After which comes BCA and then BSc ( IT ).
20th October 2021, 08:07 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. After completing BSc(IT), You can become a software engineer in a reputed company.
21st October 2021, 12:53 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

If you study BTech or be done professionally you can be called as engineer.
but apart from that you can study BCA or BSc IT in order to be in computer or information technology related field.

No software engineer is a post where candidates having qualifications bike in BTech/BE or BCA or BSc(IT) can apply for. Normally BTech candidates are preferred more in this role
Is more professional degree course compared to BSc IT and has they are given more chances by IT companies like WIPRO, TCS, Cognizant, etc.

it will be better if you pursue your master degree in MCA after completing BSc IT degree.
21st October 2021, 03:31 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You can . But you will not get software engineer post initially.

You need to work there for atleast 2 year, then you may have to give exams for promotion or you will be directly promoted to software engineer which actually vary company to company. But at the end you can get software engineer post.
22nd October 2021, 12:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hiii, I am interesting in computer, and I want to become software engineer. I passed 12th commerce.

So can I become software engineer or not?
You have completed B.Sc in IT so you are eligible for software engineer post.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in IT or CS are eligible for software engineer post but your degree must be recognized.
22nd October 2021, 06:55 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become a software engineer after passing a BSc in IT. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is the study in the field of software development, software testing, software engineering, web design, databases, programming, computer networking, and computer systems. You can become a software engineer after qualifying full-time professional course in the related field. Some of the courses which you can choose to make your career in this field.

Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
Bachelor of Computer Application
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Information Technology
23rd October 2021, 09:25 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The answer is YES.

One can easily become a software engineer after passing BSc(IT). But you must have good command over given skills:

1. Good research skills.

2. Being an excellent problem solver.

3. Having experience in building software applications.

4. The ability to lead and deliver complex software systems.
23rd October 2021, 09:26 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, it is possible to become a Software Engineer after passing a BSc(IT). The eligibility criteria to become a Software Engineer is that the candidate should be a graduate in BE/BTech/BSc from any recognized university/institute. The candidate should have got a minimum of 60% marks in the graduation.

The duration of the course is 3 years in India.
26th October 2022, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

How to become a software engineer after degree bsc statistics?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?