14th February 2017, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

What are the job scope of civil engineering branch?

I am a student of IIIT. Now, I am in PUC 2nd in next year. I am going to choose a branch I am thinking about civil branch. Can you tell what are the benefits of this branch and the job opportunities of this branch outside?

Related Questions:
  1. Which will have more scope to get a job in future? Civil engineering or Cloud Computing?
  2. What is the scope of Civil Engineering in private sector? What opportunities will I get if I do EEE branch after changing from Civil Engineering?
  3. Which branch is more preferable for getting a good good job and better future prospective?
  4. Will there be any scope for Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  5. Can I do masters in Civil engineering abroad after completion of B.E in Civil?
  6. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is the best stream among Civil and Mechanical for a better career?
  8. Which Engineering stream has great scope in India?
  9. Which is the best Branch in Engineering? Career scope of Mechanical Engineering? Which course is a better choice between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering?
  10. What is the future scope of Government job for civil engineers in future?
  11. What is the scope of getting a job in Navy after completion of civil engineering graduation? -- [New]
  12. Which is the best course between Civil Engineering and Computer Engineering? Which would have good scope in 2020?
  13. Which branch of engineering is better among Civil and Mechanical in regards to job opprtunities?
  14. Eligibility of doing B.Ed after B.E in Civil branch?
  15. What can I do to get job in a private limited company being Civil engineer? Which are important companies related to Civil engineering?
  16. Career scope and Job Opportunities for Civil Engineering course in India?
  17. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream?
  18. Civil engineering job opportunities in India 2017
15th February 2017, 09:36 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the job scope of civil engineering branch?

B.Tech. Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

BEST JOBS TYPE FOR YOU

** Group General Manager

** Technical Officer

** Civil Engineer Foreman

** Jr. Civil Engineer

** Site Supervisor

** Store Keeper

EMPLOYMENT AREA

** Land Development/Site Design

** Education & Teaching

** Constructer Companies

** Roadway Engineering
16th February 2017, 12:17 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Job Opportunities for Civil Engineering background candidates:

There are many job opportunities available for Civil Engineering background candidates. As you are still pursuing PUC, I suggest you to study Bachelor Degree first to be eligible for getting job in Civil Engineering companies.

Some of the major recruiting companies are,

>> OMEX

>> BLG Construction Services

>> Tantia Construction

>> DLF

>> L&T

>> Consolan

>> Sahara India Construction Company

>> IVRCL Infrastructure and Projects Ltd

>> Tata Projects

>> Mahindra & Mahindra

>> GMR Group

>> Punj Lloyd Group

>> Nagarjuna Construction Company
16th February 2017, 04:53 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of IIIT. Now, I am in PUC 2nd in next year. I am going to choose a branch I am thinking about civil branch. Can you tell what are the benefits of this branch and the job opportunities of this branch outside?
The civil engineering holders can find jobs in various organizations like Government Departments (High Ways Department, Municipal Corporations, Metropolitan Authorities etc), Civil Construction Companies, Electricity Companies, Indian Railways, Civil Engineering Consultancies, Urban Planning, Educational Institutions etc. There are various opportunities in government sector also for the civil engineers. The candidates should have very good negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills. They should be very good in problem solving and sound mathematical and scientific skills. One can find the job vacancy details in the job portals.
5th August 2020, 02:45 PM
Sunnyprem960

Hello,

There is a very good scope for civil engineers both private and public sectors.
*Private sector: There are lot of Infrastructure companies in India where a civil engineer plays a key role in the business.
*Public sector: Since civil engineering is a core branch, as you might know that core branches have very good scope in public sector. As the government bodies like municipal Corporation (like for e.g.: HMWSSB, BWSSB, etc..)

Hope this helps..
8th August 2020, 12:14 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: What are the job scope of civil engineering branch?

The main scope of civil engineering or the task of civil engineering is planning, designing, estimating, supervising construction, managing construction, execution, and maintenance of structures like building, roads, bridges, dams, etc.

Civil Engineering careers have more chances in Engineering Managers, Civil Engineer, Architect, Engineering Inspectors and Regulatory Officers.Civil Engineering Drafter.Civil Engineering Technologist. etc.
4th September 2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

I am a diploma holder in civil engineering.Now l like to work in the field of teaching. What course should i need to do for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?