5th September 2019, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NEET with 49.5% in PCB and 57% in 12th Odisha Board?

Hi Sir, I have got 57% in 12th Odisha Board exam but I have scored only 49.5% marks in PCB subjects. So, am I eligible to appear in NEET? Please tell me about my eligibility asap.

7th September 2019, 06:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NEET with 49.5% in PCB and 57% in 12th Odisha Board?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and to appear in the same examination, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category ) in aggregate in PCB subjects marks taken together from a recognized board of education.

So, having managed 49.5% marks in PCB subjects marks taken together, you are eligible to appear in the NEET if you belong to reserved category otherwise not.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
8th September 2019, 06:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NEET with 49.5% in PCB and 57% in 12th Odisha Board?

The marks are separate for each category and marks to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects. If you have got even a fraction less than the required, you will not be eligible for NEET.

General - 50%,
OBC/SC/ST - 40%,
PWD - 45%
8th September 2019, 07:18 PM
Incredible Chinnu

Eligibility criteria required to apply for NEET Examination :

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.Minimum age is 17 years and there is no upper cap in terms of age.

3.coming to the percentage criteria you must have secured 50% of marks overall with physics,chemistry and Biology are the main subjects.

4.you must have 12th in english as well.

For reserved candidates you must have secured 45% of marks from the recognized board.
8th September 2019, 07:44 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Having managed to secure less than 50% marks (i.e; 49.50% marks) in aggregate in PCB subjects marks taken together, you are not eligible to appear in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) if you belong to unreserved category as the minimum education required in PCB group subjects in case of unreserved category candidates is 50% in order to be eligible for NEET.

But, with the same marks as managed by you, you can apply for NEET, if you belong to reserved category as their is provision of marks relaxation upto 10% for these candidates.

For more details and updates regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?