27th October 2016, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pursuing Computer Science Engineering if I did not take CS or IT as a subject in class 12?

Hello Sir, I want pursue Computer Science Engineering but I did not take CS or IT as a subject in class 12 so I want to ask am I eligible for pursuing Computer Science Engineering with such criteria?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I choose PE or Computer Science with PCM in class 11th for pursuing Software Engineering?
  2. What should I choose after class 12th to become a computer science engineering graduate?
  3. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board?
  4. Can I go for MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I pursue Computer Science after completing class 12th with (PCM)? Which college is the best for pursuing Computer Science course in Agra?
  7. How to prepare for IPS exam while pursuing engineering from computer science?
  8. Which subject should I choose in class 12th among Computer Science and Business Mathematics for pursuing Accountancy in the future?
  9. Am I eligible for government entrance exam or PSU? I am a student pursuing degree in B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  10. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  11. Information about CS after 12th?
  12. Am I eligible to write CSIR exam? I am pursuing computer science and engineering
  13. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam while pursuing bachelor of engineering in computer science?
  14. How can I pursue BE Computer Engineering after scoring 75% marks in class 12th Science?
  15. Am i eligible to do masters in forensic science after completing engineering in computer science from Bangalore
  16. Am I eligible to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Computer Science stream?
  17. How much should I score in AP EAMCET exam to get admission in JNTU Anantapur for Computer Science? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
29th October 2016, 09:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing Computer Science Engineering if I did not take CS or IT as a subject in class 12?

If you have studied physics, chemistry and maths, then you can surely apply for B.Tech in CSE stream through JEE main. There is no need to study CS or IT as a subject.

Even those who have studied only maths in class 12th can go for BCA and MCA, which is equivalent to B.Tech CSE.
29th October 2016, 10:10 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing Computer Science Engineering if I did not take CS or IT as a subject in class 12?

Yes, you are eligible for pursuing Computer Science Engineering course even if you did not take CS or IT as a subject in your 12th standard. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing computer science engineering course, you should have studied 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board. So, if you have studied 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board, you are eligible to pursue Computer Science Engineering course.
29th October 2016, 11:00 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue computer science engineering without having CS or IT subjects in 12th standard. Here is the eligibility criteria to pursue computer science engineering course:

> You should have completed your 12th standard from a recognized board.

> You should have taken science with physics, chemistry and mathematics as your subjects in 12th standard.

> You have to appear for the IIT JEE, BITSAT etc. entrance examinations.

> Selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examinations.

So, don't worry you are eligible to pursue computer science engineering, just start your preparation for the entrance examination and your hard work will do the rest.

All the best.
30th October 2016, 12:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to be eligible for the above mentioned course, you need to have studied PCM at your +2 level of education from a recognized board and should have cleared it with minimum passing marks, therefore if you have the qualification mentioned above by me, you are very much eligible to appear for JEE(Main) examination and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to get admission in any good institute to continue with your studies further.
30th October 2016, 10:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

There is no need of CS or IT subjects in 12th standard to be eligible for Computer Science Engineering. It is recommended to have computer science in your 12th if you are aspiring for Computer Science Engineering since it helps in your engineering as you will be fundamentally strong. If you have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in your 12th standard, then you will be eligible for the engineering entrance exams. Based on the rank in engineering entrance exams you will have to choose the concerned institute of admission and the branch of engineering. Since Computer Science engineering is in high demand, so you need to score good marks to attain a good rank and opt for CSE in a good institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?