24th October 2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a geologist after studying science with geography in 12th?

I am recently studying in Sielmat Christian higher secondary school in Manipur in science with geography stream. Can I become a geologist?

Related Questions:
24th October 2016, 09:32 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become a geologist after studying science with geography in 12th?

Yes, you definitely can.

You need to have a great interest in the Geography to become a Geologist. Because only then you can excel in the field of research.

For that you need to do the graduation in Geography from any recognized university. After that if you want, you can carry out your independent research or you can get affiliated to any institution for the same.

You can also go for masters in the subject. All you need to study the Earth as much as you can and with as much interest as you can.
25th October 2016, 06:10 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a geologist after studying science with geography in 12th?

Yes, you can surely become a Geologist after completion of your 12th standard. You will have to graduate in Geography subject from a recognized university.

You can either go for higher studies after your graduation or you can go for a job.
26th October 2016, 03:33 PM
princekainth2

Yes,you can become geologist with Science subjects and Geography.
You have already made right decision by choosing Geography at early stage
It will be very much helpful to you

Just make sure to obtain a degree from well-recognised college and you can join the field of research as a Geologist easily with all the required skills
20th June 2019, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I take geology I have completed my 12th in arts stream with geography?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?