17th March 2016, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

Can i join Airforce as Airmen even after failing in class 11th?

Hi All,

I would like to know that if my brother who was in class 11th this year, was not able to make it, can he still join Airforce as Airman?

He is 17 years old right now.

please help.
Thank You.

17th March 2016, 12:01 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can i join Airforce as Airmen even after failing in class 11th?

To join Indian Air Force, students need to qualify higher secondary board examination with at least first division.
The best way to join Air Force after 12th is through NDA.
NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
Union Public Service Commission conducts NDA examination twice in a year.
The candidate who has passes 12th board examination or appearing in the year of examination having age 16.5 to 19 years are eligible to appear for NDA examination.
After qualifying NDA examination, students need to qualify SSB interview and medical fitness test to become selected.

Also, at higher secondary level, Indian Air Force conducts examination by the own board for recruitment at various posts.
You can go for any entrance examination and it need lot of preparation and hard labor to qualify in the examination.

So, you need to qualify 12th at least to become eligible to appear in the examination as on basis of 10th and 11th, no examination is conducted for recruitment in any defence sector.
To join Indian defence, 12th or higher educational degree is must.
17th March 2016, 01:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, he has to complete his 12th standard first of all from a recognized board scoring a minimum of 60% in aggregate in order to join Airforce as an Airman. Therefore, ask him to clear his 12th boards first of all and then think of anything else.
17th March 2016, 01:47 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, your brother cannot join Airforce as Airman after having failed to clear 11th and 12th standard a it is the minimum eligibility requirement to opt for joining the above mentioned post. Therefore, I would suggest you to complete your 12th standard first.
17th March 2016, 04:59 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Minimum education qualification required for Airman in Air force is 12th standard from any recognized board.

As he is in 11th thus he is not eligible for this post now. Once he passed 12th standard, he will be eligible.
17th March 2016, 08:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For airmen post you need to pass at least class 12th with physics, chemistry and maths subjects. If you have failed in class 11th then you will not be eligible for the written exam.

Selection is purely based on the performance in written exam interview conducted by Indian Air Force.
17th March 2016, 09:35 PM
vinoth1922
Junior Member+

Yes it is enough to complete your 10th std for many posts in defense, you can also try to do your 11th std in the army school i.e, NDA school.
18th March 2016, 12:57 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,

I would like to know that if my brother who was in class 11th this year, was not able to make it, can he still join Airforce as Airman?

He is 17 years old right now.

please help.
Thank You.
Sorry, it is not possible to join Indian Air Force as Airmen with 10th qualification. The aspirant has to complete 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and English with minimum of 50% marks. The age limit is 17 to 21 years. The selection will be done by Central Airmen Selection Board. The selection as Airmen in the IAF is conducted through All India Selection Tests and Recruitment Rallis. The aspirant can check all the details regarding the physical standards and
other requirements in the website given http://indianairforce.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?