6th April 2018, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) with 57% in 12th PSEB?

Hello, I have got 57% marks in my 12th class in PSEB Board with Science stream. I want to do BTech in Mechanical Engineering. Can I able to do BTech in this stream with this percentage?

4th May 2018, 09:19 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech(Mechanical Engineering) with 57% in 12th PSEB?

In order to study BTech(Mechanical Engineering), you should have completed your 12th standard with PCM/Biotechnology subjects from a recognized board and should have scored minimum 50% marks. Since, you have scored 57% marks in 12th PSEB, so you are eligible to pursue BTech(Mechanical Engineering) course. There are lots of national level engineering entrance examinations available for which you can apply. Some reputed institutes conduct their own entrance examinations also.
4th May 2018, 09:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in B.Tech mechanical engineering is mostly on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and your class 12th marks. Hence, if you have got less marks in 12th, then make sure you perform well in the entrance exam.

There are various engineering entrance exams like JEE Main and state level engineering entrance exams to get admission in B.Tech mechanical engineering.
5th May 2018, 06:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course after completion of your 12th standard with 57% aggregate marks from PSEB Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course. Admissions in B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course are done through engineering entrance examinations like JEE, GUJCET, etc.,. You have to appear in engineering entrance examination which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education, qualify it and participate in the counselling process to get admission for pursuing B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) course.
8th May 2018, 12:14 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering after the completion of class 12th examination with 57% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination in Science stream studying PCM as a subject combination from a recognized Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for B.Tech degree course in Mechanical Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?