29th April 2022, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

Can I take science stream if I get above 60% like 64% or more?

I have got a serious question here, see the thing is I have got 66.8% and I really want 2 go in2 science stream, it has always been my dream 2 study science but I'm weak at maths but I've faith in myself that I can do better, I could've gotten better percentage if I had tried harder, now I repent that I didn't and this time I really want 2 make a difference and study science, do u think I can do it, in all classes I've never taken tuition and I always did good in science and got 3rd or 2nd rank in class, but in 10th I had 2 take tuition but then 2 I didn't actually put up an effort on tuition n scored this much percent, do u really thing I have a chance 2 be better in science n should take the science stream n especially maths because I don't really want 2 study medical but engineering...I'm really depressed on wat I should do, I have an excellent family who r very good mathematicians except me so I want 2 improve, wat can I do?

30th April 2022, 12:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take science stream if I get above 60% like 64% or more?

Practice makes a man perfect and if you will practice alot then you will improve your score as well.

So, you are eligible to pursue science stream and there is no need to get depressed about it.
30th April 2022, 01:25 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Aggregate in std 10th is not the only eligibility criteria to pursue the science stream in std 12th.

So, if you are interested and have dedication to do hard work then definitely you can pursue mathematics.

One can improve score in mathematics paper after regular practice of the question.
30th April 2022, 02:59 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can take science stream after 10th standard. The minimum percentage for go to the science stream is around 60%. You should have passed your 10th standard with at least 50% marks in all subjects from a recognised board.
30th April 2022, 03:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to be depressed and it is well that you have recognized that you have not put your best efforts from a while now and is ready to improve and work hard in your Class 12th.

Meanwhile, getting back to your query, I would like to let you know that you are definitely eligible to opt for Science stream or any other subject combination for your Class 12th academics irrespective of your aggregate in Class 10th as there is no fixed barrier on the percentage of marks required to be secured in Class 10th for selecting a particular stream for Class 12th studies.
30th April 2022, 06:28 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

However there is no restriction imposed by some school on the stream choosen by a candidate.

But there are some schools that do no allow students to opt science stream if there percentage is less than 70% or 80%.
If they score less percentage, then they are force to opt for commerce or arts.

Thus it totally depends on school, whether they agree to it or not.
30th April 2022, 06:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can select science stream for your further studies even on completing your Class 10th with just around 60% marks as there is no strict rule for minimum marks to be secured in Class 10th for selecting a particular stream for Class 11th and Class 12th studies.
30th April 2022, 07:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Can I take science stream if I get above 60% like 64% or more?

°°° It totally depends upon your school where you want to seek admission because most of the schools prefer those candidate for science stream who have scored more than 70% however, if seats remain vacant then candidates with lower percentage like above 60% are also allowed to take admission in science stream.
I was suggest you to apply in more than five school so that the chances of getting science stream for you increases.
30th April 2022, 08:32 PM
Msdhoni02

Yes, you can take science stream. 60% is a decent percentage but not really good according to class 10 board result standard. You have two options to take science subject i.e science maths for engineering field and science biology for going in medical stream.
2nd May 2022, 12:21 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to take the science stream in class 11. If you work hard, then you definitely can get better results. So, you have to study properly.
4th May 2022, 11:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can opt for Science stream or for that matter any stream of your interest irrespective of your marks in the Class 10th as there is no minimum percentage criteria to be managed in Class 10th for selection of stream for Class 12th studies.

So, you can select science stream with PCM combination if you are interested in going for engineering later on after your class 12th even if you manage just around 60% marks in your Class 10th.
7th March 2023, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I still get science if i got 40 in physics and 35 in maths but good in other subjects?
11th March 2023, 01:44 PM
Sona_kshi
Banned

The minimum percentage for go to the science stream is around 60%. you should have passed your 10th standard with at least 50% marks in all subjects from a recognized board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?