3rd April 2022, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

In CBSE curriculum regional languages included? Do they also not offer the subject of regional language as an optional or subsidiary subject?

Hi, I studied in English Medium School of State Board in Gujarat. Out of all subjects we also have to study the subject of regional language Gujarati from 3rd to 9th grade as the school was in Gujarat state. However in SSC, we get the option to choose between Gujarati and Hindi. But I have one question that whether in CBSE school's curriculum, the subject of regional language is included or not. If the CBSE student has to only study Hindi and English then I think they don't learn any regional language. Do they also not offer the subject of regional language as an optional or subsidiary subject.

15th August 2022, 01:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In CBSE curriculum regional languages included? Do they also not offer the subject of regional language as an optional or subsidiary subject?

No, in CBSE there is no optional of choosing the regional language and eligible to select only those subjects which is mentioned the schedule 8 and foreign language papers.

As Gujarati is one of the language in the 8th schedule, so you are eligible to pursue Gujarati as language paper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?