2nd April 2016, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in KEAM for a General candidate with 46% in PCB of 12th NIOS?

Hi,
I have passed 12th NIOS with PCB and my overall percentage is 64%. I have 53% in Biology, but together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, only 46%. Can I apply for KEAM for this year? Is there any relaxation in marks for General students?

3rd April 2016, 07:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in KEAM for a General candidate with 46% in PCB of 12th NIOS?

You must have at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to appear for this exam. If you have less than 50% in any one of these subjects then you will not be eligible.

Overall percentage requirement is 60% which you fulfill but you have got less that 50% marks in the subject combination which is the main criteria. There is no relaxation for general category.
3rd April 2016, 08:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in KEAM for a General candidate with 46% in PCB of 12th NIOS?

Below I have mentioned the Eligibility criteria to apply in KEAM, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria for KEAM:-

Candidates must have completed class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board.
Candidates must have scored at least 50% of marks in Biology separately and 50% of marks in PCB together.
Candidates age must be above 17 years old.
Candidates must be a citizen of India.
I am sorry to say you that you are not eligible for KEAM.
3rd April 2016, 11:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have passed 12th NIOS with PCB and my overall percentage is 64%. I have 53% in Biology, but together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, only 46%. Can I apply for KEAM for this year? Is there any relaxation in marks for General students?
Yes, you are eligible for KEAM exam.

If you have scored 45% marks in Maths and have secured 60% marks in aggregate in Maths, Physics and Chemistry then you are eligible to write KEAM.

Your minimum age should be above 16 years.
4th April 2016, 01:21 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for the above mentioned examination as you are not eligible for it. You should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in your boards add as you have been unable to score that much marks, therefore, you cannot appear for the examination.

Also, there is no relaxation of any kind in thee examination for any candidates.
16th November 2019, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is the mark we get in nios is it valied in neet and keam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?