29th July 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

It it good to drop one year for JEE preparation?

It it good to drop one year for JEE preparation?

Related Questions:
29th July 2015, 11:16 PM
pointer01

Default Re: It it good to drop one year for JEE preparation?

If you are in class 11th then, it will be better for you to join coaching and do preparation for JEE in class 11th. If you are in class 12th then, i suggest you to concentrate on your 12th studies. If you are not able to run the 12th syllabus and JEE preparation parallel then you may drop a year for JEE preparation. I suggest you to give JEE entrance exam once and then, decide to drop a year.
29th July 2015, 11:41 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

If your are genuinely interested to pursue your education from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT's), then you can do so for the preparation of JEE. But, during the period of one year, the candidate should be very sincere and genuine towards his goal because if he/ she doesn't qualified for the second time, the whole one year time will be wasted.

However, the decision is upto the candidates intention of studying in IIT's. But the candidate can also study in IIT's by writing GATE after completing his bachelor's degree.
30th July 2015, 08:26 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

If you are getting admission in some good institute now then it is not necessary to drop a year.
And if you are not getting any good institute then you can drop a year and prepare for the entrance exams. But make sure you are preparing for the entrance exams properly. Otherwise it will be just a waste of a year.
I suggest you not to drop a year and take admission in some above average college and give your hard work in the studies. Score good marks and get placed in some good company or prepare for some government job.
30th July 2015, 09:15 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

It is totally depends on your knowledge and planning.

There is no need to drop one year if you plan for the JEE exam in your 11th standard and study accordingly.

The best time to start preparation is at the beginning of 11th class. At that time student has fresh mind.

If you plan for JEE exam in 11th then you should follow the below given tips :

** Dream to Achieve

** Prepare a Timetable

** Strengthen Important & Key Concepts

** Solve Previous Year Papers

** Avoid Distractions & Take Care of your Health

However if you are not able to score good marks in your 12th class then you should drop one year and prepare for the JEE main exam.
30th July 2015, 12:22 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Its not about the good or bad, There are so many students drop their one year for JEE preparations because JEE mains need a year to prepare well and if you prepare well you will get good college with good campus placement , All these things are connected with each other. I would like to suggests you drop your one precious year only on one condition if you can study harder and harder then last Board exams otherwise you gonna waste your one year. Now its your choice you wanna drop one year or not
30th July 2015, 12:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE is the Joint Entrance Examination. This entrance is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. It is conducted for selection of candidates for undergraduate courses in Engineering from different engineering institutions of India.

See if you have not done preparation for this entrance exam properly, it is better to drop for one year and do preparation then appear for the exam as the number of attempts in this exam is limited. You can attempt JEE mains only three times and JEE advanced only two times.

Competition is tough and a candidate needs to prepare well in order to crack the exam. You must good command over the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics so that you can excel in Mains and Advanced exam. If you are not able to do self preparatio, you can join one year coaching from institutes like:

>>Vidya Mandir Classes.

>>Bansal classes.

>>Resonance

>>Brilliant Tutorials.

>>IITs-ians Pace.
30th July 2015, 05:26 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

JEE exam is conducted for admission in different engineering colleges all over India. The candidate who has completed his/her 12th with MPC can apply for these exam. The maximum limit for applying the JEE exam is 2 times in consequent years. So if you have the confident, that you will get seat in single attempt then you can drop one year for the preparation. But my suggestion is, it is better for you to attempt the JEE exam now only.
30th July 2015, 08:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not good to drop one year for JEE preparation. You can prepare for JEE examination while pursuing your 12th standard. But, dropping one year for JEE preparation is not at all good. So, I suggest you to not to drop one year of your valuable time only for JEE preparation.
30th July 2015, 11:05 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Whether it is good or bad to drop one year only for JEE preparation basically depends on the case. You can go for one year JEE preparation only when you meet the required eligibility by the time you apply for next time JEE Exam. Here are the cases,

>> For JEE Main 2015 Exam:

@ Candidates who have passed 12th Class in 2013 or 2014 or appearing in 12th Class Exam in 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE Main Examination.

@ Candidates who have passed 12th Class either in 2012 or before are not Eligible to appear in JEE Main 2015 Exam.

So if you meet the required eligible criteria when you drop one year for JEE preparation, then I suggest you to go for JEE preparation. If that is not the case i.e., if you have passed in 2012 then going for JEE preparation by dropping one year is not suggestible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?