30th April 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Is History an important subject for IAS preparation? Courses related to History & Geography for IAS aspirant?

Sir, I have heard that History is an important subject in IAS and given much importance than other subjects. I am a Commerce with Maths 12th class student and I want to appear in IAS exam. What will be the course of History and Geography according to my stream, if necessary?

19th March 2023, 04:19 PM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Is History an important subject for IAS preparation? Courses related to History & Geography for IAS aspirant?

Yes, History is an important subject for IAS preparation, as it is a part of the General Studies paper in both the Preliminary and Main exams. It covers topics related to Indian history, world history, art and culture, and ancient, medieval and modern history.

For Commerce with Maths stream students, the History course in IAS preparation can cover topics such as Indian economy and its evolution, economic policies, and development of economic thought in India. Similarly, Geography is also an important subject for IAS preparation, covering topics related to physical geography, human geography, environment, and ecology.

Courses related to History and Geography that can help in IAS preparation include BA (Hons) in History or Geography, MA in History or Geography, and other relevant courses from reputed institutions. It is important to note that while having a background in these subjects can be helpful, it is not mandatory for clearing the IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?