19th July 2018, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 11th Science student?

I want to join Indian Air Force and become a Pilot. Right now I am studying in 11th standard with Science stream. But after completing my 12th, kindly let me know how I can join Indian Air Force and become a Pilot? Please help me to know about this asap. Thank you!

21st July 2018, 05:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 11th Science student?

The entry to Indian Air Force at 12th level is given through National Defence Academy entrance examination. NDA/NA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The academic qualification required for it is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

The age criteria for candidates is 16.5 to 19.5 years. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for the exam. There are two stages which you need to clear, one is written test and other is SSB to join Indian Air force.
21st July 2018, 08:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become a pilot in Indian Air force, you basically has three options, one through NDA ( National Defense Academy ), another one through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ), and the last one through AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

Being, a student of Class 11th in Science stream the first option for you is through NDA ,and for joining the same the minimum education required is Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.

Also, for joining NDA, you need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year and for appearing in the same examination you need to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

For other two entries, you need to have completed your bachelor's degree in engineering discipline for joining flying branch of Indian Air force.

For more details and updates regarding these three entries, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
21st July 2018, 10:34 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a pilot in Indian Air Force for 11 science student:-

Candidates have to appear for the PABT test and SSB test followed by a medical test. You must have completed graduation in any discipline or BTech / B.E with at least 60% marks from a recognised University to appear for the entrance test.

You must have studied mathematics and physics in 12th standard.

The age limit for the exam is 19 to 23 years.
22nd July 2018, 05:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all you need to pass class 12th with PCM stream and then appear for NDA exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year. For Air Force and Navy, Physics and Maths is compulsory at +2 level.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview. Hence, make sure you are well prepared for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?