11th October 2014, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

How to go for IAS after 12th Arts?

In class 12th i was having maths computer science and now i want to do I.A.S by arts stream. How to do I.A.S after 12th by arts?

14th October 2014, 10:47 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to go for IAS after 12th Arts?

To become an IAS officer after completion of 12th standard in arts stream, you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.Afterwards you need to appear for the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year. The following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for the IAS exam :-

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.You must have completed the graduation degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for the IAS exam.

3.You must be in between 21-30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the government rules.

4.You must be physically and mentally fit.

Examination Pattern :-
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Main Examination
3.Personal Interview

No. of Attempts :-
General :- 4
OBC :- 7
SC/ST :- No Limit
15th October 2014, 12:12 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th standard qualification is not enough for IAS examination and you have to complete graduation, then you will become eligible for IAS examination.

You can get admission in decent graduation course from a reputed university. Just complete your graduation and while you complete your graduation, you must concentrate on preparation for your IAS examination.

The age limit for IAS examination is 21 to 30 years for general category candidates. There is age relaxation for candidates, who belong to reserved category.

The selection is totally on the basis of merit and you have to perform very well in following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
30th August 2021, 06:30 PM
Singhskomal

Educational qualifications for the civil services (IAS) Indian administration services.
You must be bachelor's degree from any of the recognized University and with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible to apply.

Age limit- minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years.
Age relaxation for Sc/st - 5 years.
OBC - 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?