24th December 2016, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

How many marks will I get in a maths problem, if my first step is wrong and rest is correct?

If the first step in maths goes wrong but the remaining steps are correct then, how many marks are allotted if it is of 10 marks. Please reply Sir.

24th December 2016, 08:15 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many marks will I get in a maths problem, if my first step is wrong and rest is correct?

As per my knowledge, you will get zero marks if your first step in mathematics question is wrong and rest is correct.

Some teacher gives marks on the basis of steps marking i.e depending upon the how much your starting steps are correct but as you say your first steps is wrong then you will get zero marks out of 10.
24th December 2016, 10:44 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many marks will I get in a maths problem, if my first step is wrong and rest is correct?

1. The person who evaluates copies of board exams are given solved answers sheet of whole question paper and there is step wise marks indication in answer sheet. If first step of question is wrong then how can be rest steps correct.

2. However, if you answer and steps other than first step is wrong then you will get around 8 marks out of 10 as generally 2 marks are alloted to each step in 10 marks question. It may differ from board to board and prepared answer sheet by board.
26th December 2016, 05:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If your first step is wrong then how can you get marks on that problem.
In Board examinations, marks are given by the Invigilators on the basis of correct steps done by the candidate.
But according to you if your first step is wrong then how can be your rest of the steps will be right and in what basis you will get marks on that problem.
15th March 2022, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

how much mark will get for the equation ..? weather the step was wrong
26th May 2022, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

How many marks will I get in maths if my steps are correct but answer is wrong
2nd June 2022, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

If question asked solve the mean by assumed method but I solved it's by direct method because I didn't learnt full question but all previous question is right with all step. My answer of this mean is also correct. Can get any 0.5marks out of 3
16th March 2023, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

How many marks will I get if my steps were right but only last sum went wrong but because of that my answer is also wrong so how much marks would I get
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?