27th February 2016, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Should I join coaching to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced being an 11th student? Does it effect my Board's Percentage?

Hello Friends,
I am in 11th standard right now and I want to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced. I want to know that should I go to a coaching institute for that? And would it affect my Board's percentage? And moreover my preparation of 11th class is not very much strong. Would I get enough time to prepare for my 11th class side by side?

29th February 2016, 08:18 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join coaching to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced being an 11th student? Does it effect my Board's Percentage?

You have clearly mentioned that your board examination preparation is not very strong. Standard 11th concept in PCM is the base for qualifying in Joint Entrance Exam Main and Advanced. Those who do not have good concept at standard 11th cannot crack JEE Main and Advanced at any cost.

Therefore, you must join any good coaching institute for better preparation for Joint Entrance Exam Main and Advanced. No it does not affect board exam preparation. You need to prepare simultaneously and majority portion of preparation is included in JEE of course 11th and 12th board exams. Revision plays a vital role in examination. Before board exams, you must solve sample papers.
29th February 2016, 10:12 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I join coaching to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced being an 11th student? Does it effect my Board's Percentage?

Yes, you can join coaching institute, if you are interested in qualifying in JEE examination.

I do not think that coaching will effect your 10+2 board preparation and even aggregate as now a days coaching institutes also follow the pattern of teaching student as according to board syllabus.

But, you need to work hard to qualify in both JEE examination and score better in board.
29th February 2016, 03:41 PM
rituja mukherjee

Class 11-12 is quite hectic for any student since one has to prepare for Boards and at the same time for the other medical and Engineering exams. The competition level for JEE Mains & Advanced is extremely high and it requires systematic study and immense practice. That is not possible to achieve if you don't get into any tutorial that offer such expertise. So even if you feel too much of pressure, you have no other option to seek for.
29th February 2016, 06:22 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should join coaching classes but you should make up your mind about performance that it should not affect studies. As your percentage mean very much for JEE entrance exam. If your exam will be affected then it also affects your marks and all your labour goes vain. So you should keep in mind that how you should balance both studies as both exams are hard and no one is easy that you easily crack.

Intermediate also need more concentration and hard labour and same thing in JEE entrance examination. Therefore, if you can handle both in same time then surely you should join coaching class.
1st March 2016, 01:42 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

That very much depends upon your time management. See, if you can manage time for your current studies as well as for your preparation for entrance examination, then I would suggest you to opt for it, otherwise I would ask you not to go for it as it will only hamper your studies. As first and foremost your 12th board marks is the topmost priority for you at this moment. So, it will be much better if you focus on your board examinations as of now and prepare for your entrance after that if you have difficulty in managing time for your current studies.
1st March 2016, 01:49 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

If you want you can definitely join coaching classes for preparation of your entrance examination and as far as your board examination is concerned, it depends upon you as to how do you manage the time efficiently so as to cope up with both the things together.If you can manage things in between in a better manner, you should go for it otherwise you should solely focus on your board examination as it is the topmost priority for you right now.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?