3rd October 2019, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Whether a candidate can get admission in an ICSE school of Chandigarh after migration from Mumbai?

Hi Sir, my daughter is 6 years old and she is studying in 1st standard in an ICSE Board. Due to job post transfer I have to relocate from Mumbai to Chandigarh. In this case, my daughter can get admission in any ICSE school in Chandigarh in same class?

4th March 2023, 01:01 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Whether a candidate can get admission in an ICSE school of Chandigarh after migration from Mumbai?

Admission to an ICSE school in Chandigarh after migration from Mumbai is possible, but it will depend on the availability of seats in the particular school and their admission policies. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Research schools: You can research ICSE schools in Chandigarh and check their admission policies and availability of seats. You can also check with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) to get a list of ICSE schools in Chandigarh.

Submit transfer certificate: When you apply for admission, you will need to submit your daughter's transfer certificate from her current school in Mumbai. The transfer certificate is a document that states the student's name, date of birth, class, and academic record, among other details.

Age criteria: You will need to check the age criteria of the ICSE schools in Chandigarh. Since your daughter is in 1st standard, she will need to meet the age requirement for that class in the new school.

Admission test: Some ICSE schools in Chandigarh may conduct an admission test to assess your daughter's academic abilities and aptitude. The test may test your daughter's knowledge in subjects such as Mathematics, English, and Science.

Documents required: Along with the transfer certificate, you will need to submit other documents such as the birth certificate, address proof, and passport size photographs.

It is important to note that admission policies may vary from school to school, and some schools may give preference to local residents or siblings of current students. Therefore, it is advisable to check with the schools directly to confirm the latest admission policies and procedures.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck with your daughter's admission process!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?