12th June 2015, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Will the change in school syllabus help the student to study better?

I have a daughter aged 8 studying in grad 2 in a cbse school .She has ADHD .Is it worthwhile to shift her to a IBor IGCSE board where she will get more attention in a class .How will the international syllabus help her in her studies. we stay in mumbai central

12th June 2015, 02:49 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Will the change in school syllabus help the student to study better?

I don't think it would the right decision to change the schol.
Because child suffering from ADHD( attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Where the child face difficult in facing different task,poor in understanding.

If the child with ADHD better to be in one school,as the teacher's knows the pcshycology of the child. Tries to get the child to understand the concept in better way.

Teacher know the child case history,if you change the school child would suffer to habituate into new environment, teacher need time to understand the child mentality.. So let her study in the same school.
12th June 2015, 09:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will the change in school syllabus help the student to study better?

Look dear, as she is in her early stage, she will not face much problem even if you change her board, she will be able to cope up, provided you will have to back her up.

Now, coming to your point that will the change in board help her or not.

Basically all boards teach a child or students the same thing, the difference here lies is in the procedure of teaching and grooming the child, which however, plays an important role in the upcoming educational structure of the child.

If she is currently in CBSE board, I would however, suggest you to let her be in CBSE board itself as CBSE board is also a very good board to study in, yes, if you wish you can shift your child to a better school where the educational ambiance is good.

Moreover, if you still want you child to change the board, you can definitely go for it, there is no harm in it as long as you back her up.
3rd September 2022, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

Is suitable for IGCSE cariculam for add kids ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?