19th April 2010, 03:20 AM
sandu_gosavi

Can I do a diploma after 10th for Aeronautical Engineering?

hi everyone
my brother wanted to go for aeronotical engineering
he has appeared for 10th this year and wating for result
so what he should do after 10th to go for this.
some one suggested that after diploma he can go for this but which diploma he was not knowing. so kindly guide me for the same so that we can take further steps.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Diploma Aeronautical course with 80% in 10th?
  2. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  3. What is the procedure followed to apply for diploma course in Aeronautical engineering? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  5. Which is the best way to do Aeronautical engineering? Should I go for +2 or Diploma?
  6. Admission process for diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering after 10th?
  7. Possibility to study Aeronautical Diploma on 10th basis? Percentage required to get admission?
  8. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job?
  9. Can I do a diploma after 10th for Aeronautical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Join to aeronautical engineering after diploma in ECE?
  11. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  12. Can I study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th standard?
  13. What should I opt between Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering in Diploma if secured 70% in 10th standard?
  14. can I take diploma in Aeronautical engineering after completing 10th with 52% marks
  15. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  16. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 60% in 10th?
  17. How to get admission for study Diploma Aeronautical on 10th basis?
  18. Qualification required to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering for 10th student?
19th April 2010, 10:54 AM
edward
Top Answerer

Default Re: Can I do a diploma after 10th for Aeronautical Engineering?

i really appreciate your brother interest.........but now he just appeared for the 10th board exam.........after that just ask him to opt for science stream and then to join some coaching institute for engineering entrance exam preparation..............

when he will be in 12th then in the month of november and december the forms for the AIEEE and IIT will be realeased..............just fill up the form and appear for the exam.......

if your brother passed these exam with good AIR rank then he can go for aeronautical engineering course in IIT bombay and many other NIT and IIT providing these courses....

all the best for your brother future.......
19th April 2010, 11:16 AM
Biswa93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandu_gosavi View Post
hi everyone
some one suggested that after diploma he can go for this but which diploma he was not knowing. so kindly guide me for the same so that we can take further steps.
he should have taken the entrance exam for diploma like the AIEEE for engineering after 10+2,which is held in the month of April or May every year.but again if he scores well in 10th he can get a direct admission for that you have to contact the relevant diploma colleges which offers this course as soon as you can.but i think he should go for aeronotical engineering after 10+2 because diploma degree is not enough to get a good placement he have to do B.Tech as well which can be done after diploma but it is a little bit tough one to gain admission because for that he have to score consistantly well throghout his diploma course to gain admission in a good B.Tech college
19th April 2010, 11:31 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do diploma in Aeronautical Engineering after 10th,

lot of institutes offering diploma in Aeronautical Engineering,

one of them

SCTIT’s SCHOOL OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Kaggadasapura Main Road, Vignana Nagar, New Thippasandra, Bangalore.
19th April 2010, 01:44 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Ya off course he can enroll for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering just after completeing its class 10 with at least 60% aggregate.

He have to appear for state Polytechnique Entrance exam after cracking it with good rank he will be able to get admission to it.

But since Aeronautical Engineering is not so easy,it is very complex sybject with the cobination of Mechanical,Instumentation,and Design engineering.

I will advise him not to go for it now,it will be much better to persue it after class 12 by cracking entrance like-IITJEE,AIEEE etc.

That because its not just about studing that course he also has to secure his career.And more better career prospect it is neccessary to persue that course from a well versed Institute.

If any how he wont able to get into B.tech (Aeronautical Engineering) am saying this only because it is very typical to get into B.tech (Aeronautical Engineering) of a good institute.So,if he wont get into B.tech (Aeronautical Engineering) then better go for B>tech (Mechanical Engineering) and then he will easily find the way to M.tech (Aeronautical Engineering) and also this is much much better then going direct to B.tech (Aeronautical Engineering).

Now the decision is His.

Best of Luck
19th April 2010, 06:23 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Diploma in aeronautical engineering is a good professional course. But, diploma is not sufficient for a bright future one must go for degree and master courses for career advancement to get wide scope and a good salary also.
All the institute that offers degree in aeronautical engg. take both diploma students and +2 students. There is no difference in curriculum.
So going for a diploma in this field would not be a mature choice.
You convince the boy to study +2.
Actually, once a 10th qualified student starts thinking about his future and if he figures out that perhaps he won't be able to do good in entrance exams then his future will be spoiled and thus he wants to find job secured courses. In this regard they may hear from somewhere about guaranteed jobs after diploma and hence they completely got distracted. It is not wrong that there are secure jobs but there is no secure future.
Also the Diploma holder students get maintainance and junior engineer and it takes more time to get a good promotion
19th April 2010, 10:49 PM
singla14

yes. u can definetly do this.. and u can find many institute for this..
19th April 2010, 11:48 PM
ManishPandey22

Yes friend, your brother can do the Aeronautical Engineering after 10th...........but i suggest you to go for those institues who provides degree after the Aeronautical course not the diploma because digree is must for him, so please think about it.............best of luck...
20th April 2010, 03:08 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I think your brother should go for 11th and 12th instead of diploma as its quite tough to get a seat for aeronautical through diploma instead he can join 11th and then 12th and later prepare for IIT JEE or AIEEE and then get a seat easily for Aeronautical Engineering.

Cheers
25th April 2010, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

I am doin diploma in electrical engg. After my 10th what is next bst step for me after diploma and can i do aeronautical engg. After this?
26th April 2010, 01:57 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
There are only two ways when you do some course.
1. Job
2. Higher study

if you think about short term future then you can go for a job but that won't be good for further career prospects.
You must go for higher studies ie. at least a b. tech
As you are diploma student you can get admission in 2nd academic year of B. tech.
So, I would suggest you to go for B. Tech lateral entry in a good college because graduation is necessary for being a good professional in any field.
If you need any further info about lateral entry or the colleges offering such courses, you can reply me in the same discussion.
Thank You
Good Luck
Thank You
27th April 2010, 12:48 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I am doin diploma in electrical engg. After my 10th what is next bst step for me after diploma and can i do aeronautical engg. After this?
It will be much better to go for B.tech after Diploma.It is fact that you will surely get job,but entering the job market just after having Diploma degree in not sufficient for exploreing a promisable career.

So, it is adviceable first complete your Diploma with good Percentage,the go for lateral entry Scheme,and the best one for same is AIEEE.

AIEEE for Diploma hlders: Candidate must have passed diploma engineering from a governemnt approved or recognised institute.You can appear for it thrice in a consecutive year.For getting lateral entry to Best institutes like- NIT's you have to score very well in AIEEE, as also because syllabus will be different from what you have studied in diploma the entire syllabus is based on CBSE class-11 &12.And for getting into very good institute you have to score at least within 23,000 AIR.

However, you can also appear for different state based Entrance for lateral entry for ex- JELET conducted by West bengal for admission to 3rd semester of B.tech.

No I dont think you can opt for Aeronautical Engineering as because your are persuing diploma in Electrical.And for Aeronautical Mechanical branch is required.

I will also advice you not to go for Aeronautical Engineering, only because number Aeronautical Engineers are increaseing day by day, and there is adequite shortage of Electrical Engineers.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiya~
30th April 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

wat i can do after 10th class..?
I want job
1st May 2010, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I recently gave my class 10 I.C.S.E exam in march.Now is the month of may.I want to do a diploma in electrical engineering.But i am unaware of the entrance exAM and its syllabus.Kindly help.
2nd May 2010, 11:02 AM
vitalteja

hai i am to same agegroup as ur brother i to interested that coru

se iam also thinking to go for that coruse
2nd May 2010, 04:29 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
10 th standard is very early for any one to begin his career......but you can do so .....
you can join merchant navy after 10th and can earn up to 40 thousand a month in years......although the life is very bad but the money compensates it.....

i would rather suggest you to complete 12th first and then go for merchant navy......

visit the following website for more information.....
http://www.namacindia.com/courses.htm

best of luck
4th May 2010, 12:06 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I recently gave my class 10 I.C.S.E exam in march.Now is the month of may.I want to do a diploma in electrical engineering.But i am unaware of the entrance exAM and its syllabus.Kindly help.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering.

For persuing that course you have to join a good polytechnic institute, and admission to such institute is based on state level entrance conducted by every state government itself.

For example- West Bengal conducts its own entrance for the same naming JEXPO.Similarly, Bihar,Jharkand, Maharashtra etc. conducts its own entrance for it.

And the major problem is that you have'nt mentioned the state from where you belongs, so that I can guide you according to your state entrance.

However, if we talk about syllabus, then nothing is differ then what you have studied in your class 10.Just keep your basic concept of Maths, Physics and chemistry clear and nothing esle is required for it.

Kindly let me know the name of your state so that I can help you more conviniently.

Best of Luck
4th May 2010, 02:36 PM
quddus

Hi friend............

Your brother's choice is good. He can do diploma after 10th by preparing polyjee exam and get a good rank in it. It is good but if he completing 12th and with it preparing for some entrance exams like wbjee, aieee, iitjee, isat, etc. then it better for him.
If he will study two more years and complete his +2 exam with a very good percentage and score a good rank in entrance exams then he will surely appear for btech in aeronautics. So, have patience and preparing your brother well.
All the best and thank you!
7th May 2010, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

I have just finished with my 10th Board (CBSE). I am an average student (72% pre-Board). Guide me which stream should I opt for after 10th. - Rahul Bhagi
8th May 2010, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

WHAT DIPLMO CORUSE RECQURIED FO AERONUTIC ENGINEERING
9th May 2010, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Can u suggest a few colleges offering diploma in aeronautical engineering
9th May 2010, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Ok, so what your brother can do is join hindustan academy bangalore, for polytechnic aeronautical engg.,(good teaching) & after that he can do BE. Or take up puc/12th then let him do BE. The main pull back its little difficult to clear coz approx 30% pass (with no back) every sem. I study there & personally think its not so difficult to study. you can contact me in [email protected]
12th May 2010, 01:23 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I have just finished with my 10th Board (CBSE). I am an average student (72% pre-Board). Guide me which stream should I opt for after 10th. - Rahul Bhagi
Its tatally depends upon you, in which field do you want to go, or for which career option to you want to opt for.

If you are thinking that being an Average Student will be hurdel in way to Science, then you are wrong. Yeah it is true that Science is generally opted by students with good academic record, but that does'nt mean an average student cant opt for science. Science never demands, but gives only. Avarage students has also taken manything from Science. If you are interested in science and are ready to deliver your best then you can opt for it.

First of all find your interest what actually want to succeed in life, in which field you want to explore your career and just act upon it, nothing else.

Best of Luck

Quote:
WHAT DIPLMO CORUSE RECQURIED FO AERONUTIC ENGINEERING
Basically Diploma in Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer or Instrumental Engineering or Mechatronics are also permissible.

Best of Luck
12th May 2010, 03:38 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004

Quote:
hi everyone
no yaar it cant take the admission in aernoutical engg ok y bcz wen ur bro will appear in 12th or passed 12th after that the engg forms are avilable & u have 2 clear the entarnce examination of this exams & the exams are iit-jee , aieee & ur board form like if u belongs from up then form of engg would be uptu like that & 1 more sugesstion that u have 2 @ least join ur brother a coaching of an engg prepartion ok bbyee best of luck to ur bro &u
12th May 2010, 04:25 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
you can do diploma in aeronautical engineering.
but as per me it will be better to go for it after 12th
good luck
14th May 2010, 06:39 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hi
tell your brother to for diploma instead of doing engineering it will really benificial for him
after completion of the course he can take direct admission in to btech degree in 2 nd year as lateral entry
ok all the best
15th May 2010, 08:40 PM
Senior Member+++

yes friend you can do diploma in aeronautical engg after pass in 10th with 60%aggragate marks
17th May 2010, 05:04 AM
phuchi

dear friend
yess you can do it after 10th for aeronautical engineering
but for better feture you can try b,tech
all the best
19th May 2010, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

is it a good career option to do aeronautical eng. after 10th,.please advice as i am in a big confusion,.
23rd May 2010, 04:33 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

yes dear friend,
you can diploma in Aeronautical Engineering after your 10th board exam.you must have at least 60% aggregate in your 10th exam.after doing diploma you can get into an engineering colleges through lateral entry.
good luck.
24th May 2010, 04:47 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
is it a good career option to do aeronautical eng. after 10th,.please advice as i am in a big confusion,.

No doubt that Aeronautical Engineers are the highest paid Engineers in the world.

But I would advice not to go for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineer.

Aeronautical Engineering is Highly sophisticated and core Engineering subject and enrolling for that just after class 10 is not a wise choice. Even a candidate with brilliant Academic record will have to face certain problem to cope up with the vast syllabus of Aeronautical Engineering.

And infact Aeronautical Engineering/Aeorspace Engineering are considered among the toughest Engineering Subject among all Engineering branch except Electrical Engingeering.

Also, First preferance of Job market are Students who have persued B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical engineering) and with specialisation in Aeronautical Engineering at M.E./M.Tech , then second choice comes for B.Terch (Aeronautical Engineering) and in this regard preferance are given to students of prestigios institutes. Then at last Diploma Aeronautical Engineers get job, and believe be there work is nothing more then Aircraft & Maintanance Engioneers.

So, better go for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering or B.Tech Mechanical and then M.Tech Aeronautical Engineering after +2 rather waisting time in Diploma.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
24th May 2010, 04:51 PM
siddharth1987

he should have taken the entrance exam for diploma like the AIEEE for engineering after 10+2,which is held in the month of April or May every year.but again if he scores well in 10th he can get a direct admission for that you have to contact the relevant diploma colleges which offers this course as soon as you can.but i think he should go for aeronotical engineering after 10+2 because diploma degree is not enough to get a good placement he have to do B.Tech as well which can be done after diploma but it is a little bit tough one to gain admission because for that he have to score consistantly well throghout his diploma course to gain admission in a good B.Tech college
24th May 2010, 05:36 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes you can go for the diploma in aeronautical engineering after completing your 10th........
just apply for the college for which you wish to join after receiving your 10th marks sheet....

all the best
27th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

hi my sister has finished her 10th, standard , she wants to join navy, i read that girls are not eligible for NDA, so how can she join Indian navy, plz help me
28th May 2010, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

my brother completed his 10th with 471 marks in this year 2010.he wants to join in diploma for B.E. BUt i am suggesting him to go for 2 then go for B.E Which option is best can any one suggest me
7th June 2010, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I Want To Do Aeronautical Engineering After 10th but In Mumbai?where I Shall get admission And What would be better to take science or do diploma
8th June 2010, 12:48 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
hi everyone
for aeronautical engineering, instead of diploma he should do 12 with non medical and should give the exams of aieee and iit. If he passee these exams with good marks the he can get admission in any nit, iit or iiit college providing aeronautical engineering. But for that he have to study very hard.
All the best
8th June 2010, 02:18 AM
sanket mathur

Yes you can do diploma after 10th for Aeronautical Engineering.
19th June 2010, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

my brother has done 12th in commerce but now he wants to do aeronautical engg. so should he go for diploma in aeronautical or go for diploma in mechanical and then do b.tech or he should go for 12th from non medical and then do aeronautical engg.

Astha kaushal
22nd June 2010, 01:17 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
my brother has done 12th in commerce but now he wants to do aeronautical engg. so should he go for diploma in aeronautical or go for diploma in mechanical and then do b.tech or he should go for 12th from non medical and then do aeronautical engg.

Astha kaushal

If he wants to study Engineering then why he opted for Commerce in +2....!

However, now opting for +2 with science is not a wise decision, just go for Diploma Engineering. And better to persue Diploma in Mechanical rather then Aeronautical.

Or if he wants to go for Diploma in Aeronautical or his ultimate goal is Aeronautical engineering then better take admission into AIMS, Banglore. There he can get direct admission into Diploma Engineering and the AIMS is one of the good Engineering institutes of BAnglore and if he switch to Diploma from there then he will easily get direct entry into 2nd year of B.Tech, not a single problem will have to face.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
22nd June 2010, 09:31 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can elligible for aeronautical engineering after 10th but your course complete for6 year after 12th but one condition is that your 10th class % at least 70 to 80% so you can elligible.
22nd June 2010, 10:44 AM
Pawan Karhad

yes, of course you can do diploma in engineering but in india it doesnt has much scope due to which there only a few diploma courses for Aeronautical Engineering.
The students entering this field should be very stubborn because this field really needs good students.
Your brother must atleast get more than 75% in his board exams.
After that in 12th standard i think it must be in the month of november or december when the forms of AIEEE and IT will be released.
you hsve to just fill up the form and pass the entrance exam.
If your brother gets good marks n this entrance exam then he can go for aeronautical engineering course in IIT bombay and many other NIT and IIT providing these courses.
remember in aeronautical engineering u must do hardwork

so godspeed,goodbye,good luck, thank you
22nd June 2010, 12:11 PM
Amritansu subh

Yes dear your brother can join Universities having Aeronautical branch,and its a good choice that your brother has choosen but its a six year of course and it requires a lot of money but it is better that your brother should do +2 in science they give entrance examinations of AIEEE and IIT etc then read Aeronautical engineering which is more better.
22nd June 2010, 06:08 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Can I do a diploma after 10th for Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
hi everyone
I really appreciate youe brother's aim, but it can be made true only after diploma studies.For that you have to wait till his passing of plus two. After that there is a special entrance especially in this field.It starts after his plus two board examination.I also tried this exam,but the result has not come.For more details log on to the website [email protected]. OK?
23rd June 2010, 06:00 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hai sandu
I saw your message right now.But his aim can be fulfilled only after his plus two.After that he can go for aviation diploma which deals with aeronautical engg.
ok bye
30th June 2010, 12:04 AM
Senior Member+++

yes there are some insttutes providing admission in aeronauics after 10th one of them is
SCTIT’s SCHOOL OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Kaggadasapura Main Road, Vignana Nagar, New Thippasandra, Bangalore
1st July 2010, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

I have finised my class 10th with 82% in cbse board and i want to take admission in diploma to go for aeronotical engineering.But i also want to give 12th board exam.so can i give 2 exam with doing diploma....??? please suggest me.
2nd July 2010, 10:02 AM
guddukumar

YES, YOU CAN. Take a diploma form and fill it up and appear the exam on mensioned date on form. u can give this entrance before or after ur 10th bord exam result
but as per me i will suggest u not to do this First u should give 12th exam
2nd July 2010, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

after 10 is diploma better or 12 s.t.d
3rd July 2010, 02:51 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I have finised my class 10th with 82% in cbse board and i want to take admission in diploma to go for aeronotical engineering.But i also want to give 12th board exam.so can i give 2 exam with doing diploma....??? please suggest me.

Persuing both simultaneously is not possible dear.

It will get mouch tougher and typical to handle for you, 1st year of Diploma will seem easier for you to handle but after that it will get much tougher to handle both, and waht if both Diploma and +2 Exam dates will clash.

No, dont do that.

Go either for Diploma or +2 and in my opinion being a good student you should have to go for +2 (PCM) and then you will find many ways to get into Aeronatical Engineering.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?