3rd March 2013, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

How can I join CID after passing 12th? What are the steps?

How to join cid after passing +2?
What r the steps?

11th July 2015, 12:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join CID after passing 12th? What are the steps?

One who wishes to join CID has to first pass the Graduation degree .

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department.

The candidates are recruited in the CID on the basis of their performance in SSC CGL exam. SSC(Staff Selection Commission) CGL(Combined Graduate Level) exam is generally held in the month of April every year.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are following:-

-The candidate must be an Indian citizen .

-The candidate must be a graduation degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university.There is no percentage bar for the marks obtained in the graduation degree.

-The candidate who are appearing for the final exam of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 27 years for general category. The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Physical Requirements needed to join CID are as under :-

Height

For male candidate - 165 cm .
For Hill men and Tribal - 160 cm .
For female candidate - 150 cm .
For women of Hill area or Tribal - 145 cm .

Chest : 76 cm with expansion.

Eye-Sight (with or without glasses)

Distant Vision :6/6 in one and 6/9 in other eye.
Near Vision:0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye

-The selection process involves of

* Written test,

* Physical test, and

* Personal interview.

SSC CGL exam is conducted in three phases:

Tier I exam is conducted for the subjects like General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English

Full marks: 200

Time: 2 hours

Tier II is Objective type written exam for subjects Quantitative Abilities and English .

Full marks: 200

Time: 2 hours

Tier - III is an interview round for the candidates who have cleared Tier I and II .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?