31st March 2011, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Should I reveal the number of backlogs I received in my 4 years of graduation during the interview?

hello sir i have completed my b.tech passout while pursuing b.tech(1st year to 4th year) i have failed in 4 subjects and i have cleared them all during supply with single attempt.now my question is what should i say when interview ask do you have backlogs means 0 or 4 please reply me

29th May 2011, 04:14 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I reveal the number of backlogs I received in my 4 years of graduation during the interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir i have completed my b.tech passout while pursuing b.tech(1st year to 4th year) i have failed in 4 subjects and i have cleared them all during supply with single attempt.now my question is what should i say when interview ask do you have backlogs means 0 or 4 please reply me
You can frankly speak the truth because if you bluff now and get a job simply during the certificate verification round you will be caught and get rejected at that stage. definitely your mark sheet will reflect your backlogs with star marks so it is advisable not to speak lie with interviewer.

always face interviews with confidence be bold with your answers but do no be rude with your behavior be humble and pleasant in your body language and speech.

having backlogs is common in b.tech life so backlog will be not a big problem for most of the companies all you need is you should show your truth very intelligently.

Yes it is said to be a negative point to have a backlog but you need to dominate those backlogs with your positive traits like
->Communication skills
->sound subject knowledge
->Extra knowledge
->Managerial Skills
->Pleasing body
->Friendly Nature
->Competitive spirit
->All types of soft skills

In this way you should develop all types of positive elements in you and there should be no chance to reject your application at the time of interview or anything.

All the best

~A~
29th May 2011, 10:42 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reveal the number of backlogs I received in my 4 years of graduation during the interview?

hi
truth is truth ,truth never hide.
So you will speak all the incident that spent your life.
i hope they understand your importance.
after you do not select then you have not worry
and find for job & see you got a good job one day.
sure..........
29th May 2011, 11:36 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reveal the number of backlogs I received in my 4 years of graduation during the interview?

yes you should reveal the truth. with cheating with the interviewer you can not get the job. whatever they will ask you must say that truly. otherwise you may face problem even after joining to the company.

if they ask about your backlog then frankly speak them that you had four backlog but you cleared it in one attempt. if there is any proper reason for that you get backlog then explain the reason. but never try to be fraud in front of interviewer.

now a days backlog is not a big problem, if you are strong in other field then surely you will get good job even you had four backlog. but for few company they give eligibility criterion that candidate who have more than two backlog will not be eligible for their company. so in this case you will be unable to fulfill the eligibility criterion. you have to try for other company. otherwise backlog is not a large problem.

best wishes.
30th May 2011, 12:05 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
friend ,
you must speak truth during interview oriented selection procedure, or else you have 99% chance to be caught during certificate verification procedure..

As Your certificate consist of single star marks on 4 correspondence subjects, which you were not able to clarify in first attempts.

so friend instead to telling lie try to prepare in positive way to deal question arises because of it...

try to provide genuine positive reasoning for not qualifying in particulate subject exam in single attempts..

more over don't be to worried, as backlog is not a major problem..
you can succeed with that too..

best of luck
30th May 2011, 12:55 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well it depends,

most companies already disclose their policies regarding backlogs etc.

like maximum 2 backlogs etc. or that backlogs dont matter

now you should not by yourself discuss about your backlogs etc. untill unless asked about the same.

If asked be truthful and frankly explain about your backlogs and

explain with a suitable reason etc. like illness.

if you are a suitable candidate ie. you have th requisite skills

you will surely get the job.

Improve subject knowledge and soft skills,

people with years backs manage to get good jobs, so you are in better position
30th May 2011, 01:26 AM
babydoll

Hello,
Well you can say frankly that you have got four backlogs but you have cleared them in a single attempt. So, don't get nervous for your backlogs. Generally students have many backlogs but even they got good jobs after completion of the degree.
The interviewer judges how a candidate can be able to communicate and maintain their works.
The backlogs doesn't matters while placement, either on or off.
30th May 2011, 08:58 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Should I reveal the number of backlogs I received in my 4 years of graduation during the interview?

Hi friend,
During the time of interview you must not lie to them but you must not tell all the facts about you directly till they ask. So if they ask you how much backlogs you have you can frankly answer them as 4. But if they didn't ask you about backlogs you need not tell them about your backlogs.
30th May 2011, 10:38 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya according to me you should tell everything truth about yourself in the interview
you should not lie to the interviewer otherwise he will develop bad impression on you
and that will be reflected in getting you the job in that particular company

it the interviewer asks you about your academic record then you should tell him about your backlog and even explain him why you got the backlog in that particular subject
and even tell him that you cleared them in the first attempt

then you will have a good impression of yours on the interviewer and most likely you will be getting that job
just hope for the best

best of luck
4th June 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

can somebody tell me what questions were asked in AFMC interview 2011 ?
22nd July 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

what is the meanning of "BACKLOGS CLEARED IN > 1 ATTEMPT " ? i have 4 backogs but cleared in next semester it self. so what should i answer.
22nd March 2012, 07:51 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
what is the meanning of "BACKLOGS CLEARED IN > 1 ATTEMPT " ? i have 4 backogs but cleared in next semester it self. so what should i answer.
Dear friend,
when student couldn't clear or pass the course in first attempt means in first final exam and failed in that course then that subject is called Backlog. Which you have to clear in another chance, means you need to write same exam again but it will be your second attempt.

Thank you
8th July 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i have i backlog i had cleared the back in course time i have to revealed backlog IF ask in YES or NO
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?