27th December 2013, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to teach in engineering college having M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics?

I am qualified msc,mphil mathematics for 10 years for the past 8 years i am worked arts and science college.but now search for engineering college -he disqualify for the post because i complete mphil degree at distance education.please clarify i am eligible for eng college?

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to teach assistant professor in engineering college?
  2. Required Eligibility criteria to teach Mathematics in Engineering Colleges? Can a candidate with M.Sc Maths and M.Tech in CSE be eligible to teach Computer Science in Engineering Colleges?
  3. Details of M.Phil/Ph.D in mathematics in AP universities? Any universities in AP where I can get without answering any entrance test?
  4. Am I eligible to teach chemistry in JNTUK engineering college? I did MSc biochemistry from Osmania University with 59%
  5. Information about M.Phil Environmental Science course? Fee structure of the course?
  6. How to do M.Phil after completing MSc computer science?
  7. Eligibility for teaching B.Tech students after M.Sc and Ph.D. in Computer Science?
  8. Will I be appointed as a teacher in engineering college for mathematics, if i have done M.Sc.(Maths) in PG but B.A.(maths) during graduation?
  9. Am I eligible to teach as assistant professor in engineering college after doing MSc Electronics and then M.Tech(Sensor System Technology)
  10. How to do M.Phil through distance learning in Ecotourism after doing MSc in remote sensing?
  11. Career in teaching after M.Com -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Suggestion of universities for Phd or MPhil in Clinical Psychology with below 60% marks.
  13. Is MCAPh.D candidate eligible to teach in engineering college
  14. How to do Ph.D in Mathematics after finishing MSc Mathematics
  15. Am I eligible to do MSc Maths?
  16. Am I eligible to teach B.E/B.Tech after doing MSc CS, M.E CSE?
  17. Colleges or universities offering M.Phil in Mathematics in Hyderabad?
  18. Am I eligible to teach B.E Printing and Packaging after doing MSc in Analytical Chemistry?
6th January 2014, 11:09 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to teach in engineering college having M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics?

It is really inspiring to see your educational qualification and work experience. It is really a milestone to have MSc, M.Phil degree along with experience of eight years in the field of teaching. But it is quite unfortunate that you were disqualified for the post of teaching in engineering college even though the technical colleges are facing a shortage o teachers.

Since you have done M.Phil in distance mode, so you are not eligible in any good engineering college especially the government ones. For the government ones, you need to give entrance exam to get recruited while in the private ones, it just occurs with a interview round and on the basis of educational qualification. Moreover since you are from general line, not having a BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech degree so they have rejected you. This is because for technical course teaching, one need to have a technical degree. The private institutions give preference to the educational qualification and opt for teachers coming from IIT or NIT background. Hence you were ruled out.

In order to be eligible for the engineering colleges, you need to pursue phd and that should be a regular degree to get more preference during the interview round. If having a background of Phd especially from a good and reputed institute, will definitely be a plus point for you and you can get easily recruited. Moreover, your remuneration will increase since you would be a Phd. Try to do phd from institutes like IIT, NIT, Jadavpur University, Thapar University, JNU to get more exposure.
6th January 2014, 09:41 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to teach in engineering college having M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics?

Yes of course you can eligible to teach in engineering college and it is a good subject in which you have done M.Sc or M.Phil. Maths is a good subject and is demanded now a days. So, i think it is a best course and as you have experience then definitely you will get good job in engineering college.

In India there are so many colleges in which you can apply for the job.And i think you should do P.hd in Mathematics it is best for you after that you will easily get a good job in any of the college with a good post and good salary package.

And here are some good universities in which you can apply for the job.
Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon
Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB) Bhubaneswar
Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad
International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi
Prin. LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research Mumbai
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IBS) Hyderabad
TA Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal
KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research Mumbai
Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM) Tiruchirappalli
Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development Pune
Great Lakes Institute of Management

so you can apply for any of the institute for the lecturer and it is best if you will get job in these institutes.
31st July 2016, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

I worked as degree college lecturer in mathematics with 37 years of experience? Please let me know the job opportunities after retirement.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?